Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 7.49 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mihai Apetrei 1 year, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
September 1, 2022 at 6:23 am #11968625

michalB-2

I don't understand this option.
If I had users they will not be able the translate?
I got this message on the setup when I migrate from Polylang to WPML

September 2, 2022 at 6:58 am #11976089

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi there.

No worries.

That section is part of the WPML setup but you can control that after the setup, too:
https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/#setting-up-translators

Please take a look over the documentation above so that you can better understand how this works.

I hope that you will find that information helpful 🙂

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

September 4, 2022 at 6:31 am #11983453

michalB-2

I will read it, but if already have users, any one of them can open new translation and translate?

September 6, 2022 at 8:45 am #11994287

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi there and welcome back!

They can do that only if you set them as translators and if they have admin access (at least "Editor" user level).

September 6, 2022 at 8:51 am #11994325

michalB-2

OK, so if the other users are admin they can translate any page, post, product?
If I create non admin use, how do give the ability to translate?

September 6, 2022 at 7:34 pm #12000027

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi there.

1. Please take a look here at the section called "Setting up a Translation Manager":
https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/working-with-translation-managers/

Users need to be at least "editors" to be able to translate. Admins are set as "Translation Managers" by default.

2. Non-admin users can translate as long as they have at least the "editor" level and as long as you added them to the "Translators" list.

Hope that this information helps.

Mihai

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.