Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client is facing an issue where an image is displayed in English, but the shipping string remains in Bulgarian despite translating it in WPML's String Translation. Automatic string scanning did not resolve the issue.
Solution:
First, ensure the string is available for translation:
1. Navigate to WPML-> Theme and plugins localization, select your theme/plugin, and scan.
2. Go to WPML-> String Translation.
3. Scroll down and click on the "Translate texts in admin screens »" link.
4. Search for the needed strings.
5. Select the strings.
6. Click on the "Add to String Translation" button.
7. Then click on the "« Return to String Translation" link.
8. Translate the strings, clear the cache, and check the front end.
For more detailed guidance, refer to our guide on translating texts in the admin texts screen.

If the issue persists, try the following additional steps:
1. Add the following code to your functions.php file:

add_action('init', function (){ delete_transient('wpml_st_upgrade_in_progress'); });

2. Visit WPML-> String Translation once and then remove this code.
3. Clear all caches and check the string on the front end.

If these steps do not resolve your issue, or if the solution seems outdated or irrelevant to your case, we recommend opening a new support ticket. We also highly recommend checking related known issues at https://wpml.org/known-issues/, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. For further assistance, please visit our support forum at WPML support forum.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by georgiT-5 3 weeks, 3 days ago.

Assisted by: Osama Mersal.

Author Posts
May 23, 2024 at 12:38 pm #15662990

georgiT-5

The img that is shown is an english version of a product. The string for the shipping is in BG. We did translate it in the String translation but no luck. We tried the automatic string scanning, still nothing.

15662942-Screenshot_2024_05_23_152954.png
May 23, 2024 at 12:43 pm #15663017

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+03:00)

Hi,

Please check if this string is in the admin texts screen. Kindly check the following steps:

1- Go to WPML-> Theme and plugins localization, select your theme/plugin, and scan
2- Go to WPML-> String Translation
3- Scroll down and click on the "Translate texts in admin screens »" link
4- Search for the needed strings
5- Select the strings
6- Click on the "Add to String Translation" button
7- Then click on the "« Return to String Translation" link
8- Translate the strings, clear the cache, and check the front end

Kindly check our guide to know more about translating texts in the admin texts screen. (https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/finding-strings-that-dont-appear-on-the-string-translation-page/)

Best regards,
Osama

May 23, 2024 at 1:57 pm #15663657

georgiT-5

We tried it but not luck.

The string is

<span style="vertical-align: inherit"><span style="vertical-align: inherit">Добавете още нещо в количката и получете безплатна доставка !</span></span>

And WPML finds it. It is translated but it is now showing on the front end. If we add a product to the cart it changes to the proper string in english but if we remove all the products It goes back to the BG string.

You can try in this link hidden link

Screenshot 2024-05-23 165651.png
May 23, 2024 at 2:02 pm #15663680

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

Thanks for your update. I would need to look closely at your site, so I would need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP)
Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated.

Your answer will be private, meaning only you and I can access it.

❌ Please backup your database and website ❌

✙ I need your permission to deactivate and reactivate the plugins and themes and change site configurations. This is also why the backup is critical.

✙ I also need your permission to take a local copy of your site to debug the issue without affecting your live site.

Best regards,
Osama

May 23, 2024 at 2:10 pm #15663763

georgiT-5

Hello we can provide the the log in information but the website is live and we would prefer if you make a copy first before deactivating plugins etc.

May 23, 2024 at 2:11 pm #15663765

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

Sure, I'll check the issue, and if further debugging is needed, I'll install the duplicator plugin to take a copy.

Best regards,
Osama

May 23, 2024 at 3:44 pm #15664325

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

Thanks for the access details. The issue doesn't happen on my local installation. (Kindly check the attached screenshot)

Please try the following steps:

1- Add the following code to your functions.php file

add_action('init', function (){

delete_transient('wpml_st_upgrade_in_progress');

});

2- Visit WPML-> String Translation once and delete this code
3- Clear all caches and check the string on the front end

Best regards,
Osama

2024-05-23_18-33-00.jpg
May 23, 2024 at 8:02 pm #15665120

georgiT-5

Well still nothing. It gets the translation and then returns to BG. The strange thing is that we dont have the problem in DE version.

May 23, 2024 at 8:08 pm #15665124

georgiT-5

It is a WP Rocket problem. If we turn off the cache it works. But when im loged in we are not hoving a checked version and it wont work. We have to investigate what is going on.

georgiT-5 confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-05-23 20:19:13.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.