Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by martaA-10 11 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Prosenjit Barman.

Author Posts
May 20, 2023 at 9:41 am #13682633

martaA-10

Hello.

I am having troubles with the ATE.
We have created a new page with lots of links.
We have successfully created the English translation of all texts using the ATE but...urls are not being translated automatically, although there's a translation available for each of them.
How can we sync the translation for all urls?
We already forced the scan of all links but it did not work.
Thanks in advance for your support.
Marta

May 22, 2023 at 2:33 pm #13691601

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Dhaka (GMT+06:00)

Hello Marta,
Thanks for contacting WPML Support. I will try my best to assist you in this matter.

I would like to inform you that all the internal links will automatically appear as translated if the translation for the specific page/post is available. If you use an internal link for untranslated content or an external link, you will find them in the translation editor and the way to translate the link is described in the documentation below.

- https://wpml.org/faq/how-to-translate-urls-shortcodes-and-html-attributes-using-the-advanced-translation-editor/

For now, this is the only way to translate the links. I hope you can understand.

But, feel free to let me know if you need any further assistance in this matter. I will be happy to help you.

Best Regards,
Prosenjit

May 22, 2023 at 3:33 pm #13692363

martaA-10

Hello Prosenjit.
Thanks for your reply.

Actually internal links are not being automatically translated, despite all of them have a translation available. This is exactly the issue we are facing.

Pls, see the screenshot.
As you can see, all urls are the same, Italian (original language) and English (translated language). But for each of those links there's a translation available.

Why is this happening? How I fix this?

Thanks

Schermata 2023-05-22 alle 17.35.16.png
May 23, 2023 at 10:29 am #13697203

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Hello Marta,

Thanks for sharing more details. I can understand that the link on the Advance Translation editor is showing the same for both English and Italian, but, if the translation is available, then the links on the Frontend should point correctly.

Would you check the English version of the page from the front end and verify if the links are correctly pointed or not? If they are pointed incorrectly, then kindly share the link to that specific post. I will check and let you know what to do next.

Looking forward to your response.

Best regards,
Prosenjit

May 23, 2023 at 8:16 pm #13703357

martaA-10

Hello Prosenjit
Yes, we checked many times. The pointing is not correct:iIn the English version of the page internal links are still in Italian (but for all of them there's an English translation available).
Here's the page:
Italian: hidden link
English: hidden link

Thanks for letting me know.
Best regards
Marta

May 24, 2023 at 1:02 pm #13707513

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Hello Marta,

Thanks for sharing the links. I have inspected the page in the default language and found that the link to other posts/pages is added inside the Elementor button as a custom link. This is why, those links are considered as new content within the page, and as a result, they are not getting translated automatically.

If you include the post into the button using the dynamic controller(screenshot: hidden link) instead of adding it as a custom link, you would notice the correct link in other languages, if the translation for that particular post exists. I hope you can understand the matter.

For now, the only possible way to include the correct link for the English language is to add the link manually from the Advance Translation Editor. You can check the documentation below for a better understanding.

I hope you can understand the matter. But, let me know if there is anything else if you need help with. I will be happy to assist you.

Best Regards,
Prosenjit

May 24, 2023 at 1:53 pm #13708187

martaA-10

Thanks Prosenjit.
Now I understand. We are using Elementor free plan for the moment, so we will need to add translated links manually.
Your support has been very useful. Thanks a lot
Marta

May 25, 2023 at 1:35 pm #13716731

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Hello Marta,

I'm glad that you understood the matter. 🙂

Never hesitate to reach us if you ever need any assistance with our plugins. We will be happy to assist you.

If I'm able to address your concerns, Would you please consider marking this thread as resolved?

Kind Regards,
Prosenjit

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.