Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
There is a conflict between WPML 4.6.4 and the latest version of Google Site Kit 1.106

Solution:
Right now the solution is to downgrade to Google Site Kit 1.105
https://downloads.wordpress.org/plugin/google-site-kit.1.105.0.zip
WPML 4.6.5 which is scheduled to be released the second week of August 2023, will fix that issue.

Relevant Documentation:
https://wpml.org/errata/site-kit-by-google-uncaught-typeerror-illegal-offset-type-in-isset-or-empty-in/

100% of people find this useful.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Nicolas Viallet 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Nicolas Viallet.

Author Posts
August 1, 2023 at 1:41 pm #14134775

carloC-8

hello, today on several of our websites (i'm reporting on this because is the most urgent to fix) wpml caused a fatal error out of the blue.
i'm experiecing some issues on several multilingual websites we manage. the error is the following:

Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: Illegal offset type in isset or empty in wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/sitepress.class.php:3937 Stack trace: #0

i've enabled debug logs looking throught the logs and i found a lot of PHP notices and PHP Deprecated.

at the moment i've deactivated the plugin because if it is active i can't see any page related to woocommerce

August 1, 2023 at 2:20 pm #14135175

Nicolas Viallet
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum.

It seems to be a conflict between WPML and the latest version of Google Site Kit. A few clients reported this issue already. We're looking into it but we couldn't reproduce the issue on our servers. Could you please provide us with step by step instructions on how to reproduce it?

In the meantime, as a workaround, you can either:
- Downgrade to an older version of Google Site Kit: https://wordpress.org/plugins/google-site-kit/#developers
- Or change your translation preferences in "WPML > Settings > Post Types Translation" from "Translatable - use translation if available or fallback to default language" to "Translatable – only show translated items."

Please provide us with as much detail as possible, that will really help us to identify the cause of this issue and solve it. Actually, would it be possible to provide us a copy of your site to run some tests on our servers?

For this, you need to temporarily install a plugin called “Duplicator” on your site. This will allow you to create a copy of your site and your content.
I have activated a private field for you where you can share those files (package + installer).
- You can exclude /wp-uploads from the copy to reduce the size
- Once the package is ready, if the files are too large to upload them to the private field, you can share a link to Google Drive, Dropbox, WeTransfer or any other similar service.

Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site. Let me know if this is ok with you.
https://wpml.org/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

Thanks for your collaboration,
Nico

August 1, 2023 at 2:37 pm #14135473

carloC-8

Downgrading Google Site kit solved the issue, i'm going to do it on every multilingual website while i wait a new stable relesease.
Thank you

August 2, 2023 at 12:17 am #14138131

jasonb-22

i have the same exact issue

August 2, 2023 at 10:05 pm #14145031

Nicolas Viallet
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Please note that we already fixed the issue in the next WPML release that is scheduled for beginning of next week (v 4.6.5).

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.