Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Long Nguyen 7 months, 1 week ago.

Assisted by: Long Nguyen.

Author Posts
September 13, 2023 at 8:35 pm #14392545

jacekZ-5

Tell us what you are trying to do?

I want to translate all the posts from English to Polish language. Polish is primary but unfortunately all of my content was created primary in English last month.

Is there any documentation that you are following?

Latest changelog introducing this feature.

Is there a similar example that we can see?

I am not sure

What is the link to your site?

future-code.ev

September 14, 2023 at 3:56 am #14393129

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Hi Jacek,

Thank you for contacting WPML support, I'd be happy to help you with this issue.

Currently, WPML does not support sending content (post, page, product ...) to automatic translation from WPML > Translation Management if the original language of the content is not the default site language.
There are 2 solutions that you can follow to translate the post:

1. Send the post to translation and assign it to a translator. Then you can open the Advanced Translation Editor (ATE) and click on the button "Translate automatically". Please check this screenshot hidden link

2. Or edit the post > Change the original language of the post to Polish. Please check this screenshot hidden link
Then you can send the post to automatic translation from Translation Management.

Look forward to your reply.
Thanks

September 14, 2023 at 6:57 am #14393639

jacekZ-5

Hello,

I have used path no.1 , lost 6000 credits and automatic translation is not even saved and it says its empty. How to regain those credits since the translated content (EN->PL) is erased???

September 14, 2023 at 7:58 am #14394359

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Hi,

So that means you've translated the post from English to Polish before in ATE and now the translation is not there and you are charged credits again for that content? Is that right?

I'm afraid that the credits aren't refundable as we ourselves pay the translation engines for those translations. But I will help you to find out what the issue is.

Can you please share the post URL? I will check the information on our server.

Thanks

September 15, 2023 at 7:40 am #14400995

jacekZ-5

Yeah but I also paid for nothing, right?

I can send you link to the original, tried to translate it twice.
Example article that had to be translated twice and lost credits:

hidden link

Tried to translate it twice to PL language

September 15, 2023 at 8:06 am #14401175

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Hi,

Somehow I cannot find the job to translate the post
hidden link
from "English to Polish" on our server.

Just find the job to translate the post
hidden link
from "German to Polish" on Sep 04. Have you changed the original language of the post recently?

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. Your next reply is set to private to share the info.

❌ IMPORTANT: Please backup your database and website before proceeding ❌
You can use this plugin to create the backup: https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

Thanks

September 18, 2023 at 7:02 am #14409359

jacekZ-5

Hello, I would have to wait for the credentials 3-4 days. In the meanwhile: It is my mistake, this particular article was somehow changed from original EN to DE, so the translation was DE->PL. But still we lost credits that we paid for.

September 18, 2023 at 8:19 am #14409903

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Hi,

I'm waiting for your feedback to have credentials and check the post and its translation in the admin area. Also, please note that, the translation memory only applies translated segments from language EN > PL, it does not work if you translate content from PL > EN. Refer to the documentation https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/how-wpml-keeps-track-of-your-translations/

If you see the issue occurs on other posts, please share the post URL. I will check the issue on our server.

Thanks.

The topic ‘[Closed] I cannot automatically bulk translate posts from language other than the base on’ is closed to new replies.