Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 2.66 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by stellaP-5 1 year, 4 months ago.

Author Posts
December 7, 2022 at 11:41 am #12606353

stellaP-5

I am trying to: Add a new post in English, or edit existing translated post, in a category which contains translated content. The custom fields are displayed as broken, one after the other for all languages in sequence. Saving a translated post is also very slow.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: Live posts work as expected. The issue is noticed on WP dashboard only. Screenshots attached.

I expected to see: only the advanced custom fields from the selected language of the post I'm editing. Fields of other languages should be shown upon me choosing a different language.

Instead, I got: all the custom fields in all languages appear one after the other on the same post edit page in the dashboard. Upon saving, english text, filled in english custom fields, gets duplicated in every other language equivalent field. Saving is very slow.

We have:
WordPress 6.0.3 running our own custom theme
Advanced Custom Fields 6.0.2
Advanced Custom Fields Multilingual 1.10.4
WPML Media 2.7.1
WPML Multilingual CMS 4.5.11
WPML SEO 2.1.0
WPML String Translation 3.2.2

broken-custom-fields.jpg
December 7, 2022 at 2:50 pm #12608051

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

thanks for contacting us.

There are several things that needs to be fixed

1. Please update WPML (current version is 4.5.11)
2. I see the custom post type acf is set to fallback to the default language, this is wrong. It should be set to do not translate
3. Your WP Memory Limit is too low, please increase it. See https://wpml.org/it/faq/checklist-before-opening-a-ticket-in-wpml-support/#how-to-increase-your-sites-memory-limit

Once you've done this, please check our ACF doc and confirm all the fields are configured properly https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/translate-sites-built-with-acf/

December 12, 2022 at 2:45 pm #12635935

stellaP-5

My issue is resolved now. Given our custom fields setup, the custom post type acf has to remain as "fallback to the default language". Everything works as expected now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.