Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

When I submit the contact form on the French page I would like to get an email confirmation in French.

Instead, I got the confirmation email comes in English.

The issue does NOT occur when I am logged in as administrator while I am submitting the form.

Solution:

1) Go to WPML > Support > Troubleshooting > Clean up and click to run next:

- Clear the cache in WPML
- Remove ghost entries
- Fix element_type collation
- Set language information

2) Go to WPML → Languages and scroll down to the Language filtering for AJAX operations section. Check Store a language cookie to support language filtering for AJAX option.

Relevant Documentation:

- https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/language-setup/enabling-language-cookie-to-support-ajax-filtering/

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Klaus Bostelmann 2 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Dražen Duvnjak.

Author Posts
December 15, 2021 at 11:13 pm #10194085

Klaus Bostelmann

I am trying to: get a Ninja Forms contact form translated properly

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: when I submit the contact form (bottom of page) on the French page I would like to get an email confirmation in French.

Instead, I got: the confirmation email comes in English.

The issue does NOT occur when I am logged in as administrator while I am submitting the form.

December 16, 2021 at 9:15 pm #10201273

Marcos Vinicios Barreto

Hello,

Thank you for contacting our support service. Before your ticket is assigned to one of my colleagues, please allow me to walk you through some initial debugging steps, this will help to speed up the support process.

I've found a similar request at: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/ninja-forms-translation-incomplete/ here the customer reports he was able to make the confirmation message to appear translated. Please, review these instructions: https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/creating-multilingual-forms-using-ninja-forms-and-wpml/

Note: from your provided debug information I see you are still running outdated version of WPML and its related plugins, it is also a potential source of issue, this is why I kindly ask you to make sure to update them to their most recent version.

See: https://wpml.org/faq/install-wpml/

Please, let us know the results. Have a nice day.

December 17, 2021 at 11:24 am #10204507

Klaus Bostelmann

Hello Marcos,

thanks for your instructions.

In fact we did not yet update WPML due to an email warning us that the updated should be tested on a stage site first... So now our site has been copied to test site and you can find the contact form on hidden link.

I checked the HTML code as suggested but did not find any bug.

And I cannot believe that this can be the reason in our case because the missing translation for the confirmation email only occurs when I am not logged in.

This is what I get when logged in as admin:
Merci pour votre courriel.
Prénom: Klaus
Nom de famille: Bsotelmann
Courrier electronique: service@ (hidden)
Message: Message from French page (logged in as administrator)

And this when logged out:
Thank you for your message
First Name: Claude
Last Name: Bostelmann
Email: service@ (hidden)

Sorry for these bad news...

December 18, 2021 at 7:34 am #10209121

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hello,

thanks for getting back, I will be taking over and helping you further.

1) Can you please check if the issue happens when using WP default theme and only WPML plugins and Ninja form active, all other disabled.

If the issue still happens please follow the next step.

2)
I created a minimal installation of WordPress, WPML, and all necessary WPML add-ons.

You can access the WordPress dashboard using the link below:
- hidden link

Kindly follow the steps below:
- Set up WPML as on your website ( languages)
- Install Ninja forms
- Create the similar dummy form or import it from your website
- Try to replicate the issue.
- Share with me step by step guide on how can I check the issue

This will help us to report the probable issue to the compatibility team if there is an issue and solve the possible problem faster.

Please let me know how it goes.

Thanks,
Drazen

December 21, 2021 at 6:30 pm #10226629

Klaus Bostelmann

Hi Drazen,
sorry for the delay. Actually I did not get or see an email notification after your latest post.

Now I did what you recommended.

The first step (2021 theme, only Ninja and WPML activated) did not bring a change.

So I added the Ninja plugin to your sandbox and configured Ninja and WPML they way they are configured on our test site.
Now there seems to be a change: the success information on the screen is in French BUT I do not receive any confirmation email, neither to the user submitting the form, nor to the destination receiving the request.

So, actually I do not know whether it works or not with email. And if it does I have no clue why it doesn't with the same configuration on our server.

Thanks
Klaus

December 22, 2021 at 7:09 am #10228987

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Hello Klaus,

thanks for getting back and taking time to test.

Sorry, I forgot to mention how can you check outgoing e-mails. Anyway, I have checked it now and it seems the email is sent in the correct language when logged out.

So it seems issue is specific to your website, and we would need to debug it further.

In order to investigate this issue and to understand it better, I would need to access your website.

Please make a full backup of your site (files and database) and confirm it in your next reply. I might need to enable/disable plugins, switch themes and access your website database.

I would need to access both your site's wp-admin and FTP account. Be sure to provide both.

I have enabled the private username and password fields in your next reply.

You can safely add your information to these fields.

Please also share steps / URLs to the form that I can test and see the issue.

Thanks,
Drazen

Screenshot_1.jpg
December 22, 2021 at 1:43 pm #10232491

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Hello Klaus,

thanks for getting back.

I have checked your issue and managed to get it working.

These are the steps I have done

1) Go to WPML > Support > Troubleshooting > Clean up and click to run next:

- Clear the cache in WPML
- Remove ghost entries
- Fix element_type collation
- Set language information

2) Go to WPML → Languages and scroll down to the Language filtering for AJAX operations section. There, checked the Store a language cookie to support language filtering for AJAX option.

It seems it works fine now, please check the video:

- hidden link

Please check if it works fine for you and if there is anything else I can do to help.

Note I am checking in minimal (only WPML plugins and Ninja forms)

Thanks and kind regards,
Drazen

December 22, 2021 at 3:01 pm #10232945

Klaus Bostelmann

Great support, Dražen, thank you very much!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.