Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 3.00 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christopher Amirian 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Christopher Amirian.

Author Posts
November 3, 2023 at 5:14 pm #14727719

fabioG-14

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Hi guys!
I am trying to instal the WPML in a WordPress website hosted at IAAS server. But it is not working. I am using the last version o WPML and when I try to activate it, the website crashes. I already deacivated all plugins and still not able to instal the WPML.

This is the configuration that I am using is:

PHP version: 8.0.30
Maximum file upload size (upload_max_filesize): 256M
Post maximum file upload size (post_max_size): 8M
Memory Limit (memory_limit): 512M
Timeout (max_execution_time): 30

Maybe some configuration is missing.
Could you send to me the IDEAL configuration of everything we need to have to be able to instal the WPML?

Thanks a lot
Fabio

November 5, 2023 at 1:50 pm #14733113

Christopher Amirian
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Yerevan (GMT+04:00)

Hi Fabio,

The server information you mentioned should be ok when it comes to the requirements, but you can double-check additional info in regards to that here:

https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

I also appreciate it if you could enable the WordPress debug mode, so instead of blank screen you would see what is the actual error thrown when WPML is enabled:

Would you please access your website files and edit the "wp-config.php" file on the root folder of your WordPress installation and add the code below into the file:

define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', true );

Please add the code above the line below:

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

For more information:
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

Thanks.

November 7, 2023 at 8:16 pm #14751533

fabioG-14

Solved!! Thank you very much!

fabioG-14 confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2023-11-07 20:16:45.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.