Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Subash Chandra Poudel 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Subash Chandra Poudel.

Author Posts
November 28, 2023 at 3:42 pm #14941521

herveJ-2

Hi there,

We launch the translation of a page on cohezio.sfdbeta.be with xliff file export/import.
When we export an xliff of the page and open it in an editor, we notice that the fields to be translated are out of order in relation to the page. This makes the translators' task more difficult, as the text is not in a logical order.

See : hidden link

Do you have a solution?

November 30, 2023 at 4:19 pm #14965119

Subash Chandra Poudel

Hi there,

I tried to test the issue further on a test site at our end but I was unable to recreate the issue. I would need to take a closer look at your site to troubleshoot the issue instead. So would you please mind sharing temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site? Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated.

Also, please let me know the URL/Name of the page with the issue.

I have enabled a private reply for you to share the credentials securely, which means only you and I have access to it.

IMPORTANT: Please take a complete backup of the site first to avoid data loss.

Regards,
Subash

December 4, 2023 at 3:30 pm #14988717

Subash Chandra Poudel

Hi there,

I see the pages on your site are being built with custom fields from ACF plugin.

If your page is built in the page editor or default WordPress editor the translation editor shows the strings/texts in order from the editor. However, since the texts are stored in custom fields they are shown in the translation editor in the order of which they are stored in the database of the site.

This behavior cannot be changed from WPML, sorry for any inconvenience caused due to this. If getting contents/texts in the translation editor as per the order of content in the front end is required, I suggest you look further into the issue of how the data are stored on the database and in which order from ACF.

Regards,
Subash

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.