Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
Dates are not appearing in same format in all langauges
Solution:
Translate the date format in String Translation
Relevant Documentation:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-your-sites-date-format-using-wpml/#set-the-date-format-for-secondary-languages

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 8.96 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 23 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Javier 1 year, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Yvette.

Author Posts
June 16, 2022 at 1:00 pm #11477123

Javier

Hello this morning your support helped us fix the issues with the blue highlighted text that appeared in English (main language) in the emails sent to a client that had purchased in French. There are still some other parts in the email where the text is also English and this has not been solve yet, please have a look here:
hidden link

thank you.

June 16, 2022 at 1:28 pm #11477293

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Paris (GMT+02:00)

Hello

I would have to take a closer look at where the texts are generated from.

1. Are these custom mail templates?

2. When you next reply, please include all the data I need to create a sample email so that i can follow through the whole process. Include product to select, client data to use, ..etc.

As a quick response, in general, if you set your email configuration within Woocommerce using EN language (even if it is not your site default), this many times can resolve mixed language issues in STANDARD email templates.

3. Please advise if this is a live or development site.

4. Please install and activate the Email Log plugin.

June 16, 2022 at 2:52 pm #11477781

Javier

As I don't have your email, I cannot create a temporary login but in my previous message I have given you credentials to login. Hope it works.

June 21, 2022 at 8:09 am #11505963

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

How would I complete the order - do you have a test payment method (credit card number) that I can use?

I am unable to complete checkout at the moment.

June 21, 2022 at 9:59 am #11507403

Javier

Hello Yvette, your colleagues before you have created several orders and even paid them using a payment method they created apparently (perhaps and hopefully they deleted the payment method when they finished):
Please have a look at the orders here:
hidden link

June 21, 2022 at 11:02 am #11508181

Yvette
Supporter

Well I can activate "pay in cash" but as this is a live site I did not want to do this in case you have real customer connecting.

I think we would all be better served if you created a staging environment (a clone of your live site). But barring that possibility, are you ok with my activating the "pay in cash" payment method?

June 21, 2022 at 12:38 pm #11509007

Javier

Hello, Due to our url structure chosen when implementing WPML, we use "subdomains", for each language, this is confusing for any hosting service but the main problem is that no hosting service (we use WP Engine, normally one of the best available) can set up a staging environment with multiple languages using a subdomain url structure.
So, long story short, you have access to our production environment and we have made a full backup, feel free to use cash payment and disable it when you are done.
Thank you.

June 22, 2022 at 9:58 am #11518061

Yvette
Supporter

Alright - I executed an order for the product you cited in French using Cash on Delivery payment method (which was subsequently disabled)

Here is the order confirmation that I received.

I see everything in French except what is marked in red in the image. Is this in line with what you are experiencing?

I will be working to correct that text.

Reçu pour votre commande du juin 22, 2022 sur Imagine Outlet - yvette.o@onthegosystems.com - OnTheGo.png
June 22, 2022 at 10:15 am #11518269

Javier

Hello Yvette, thank you for your kind support.
On your confirmation email, the "walnut" and "leather" appear correctly in French..
this is great but why?
If you look at our confirmation email for the same product that I included earlier in our conversation thread: hidden link
there is an issue and we have not done anything (due to lack of knowing where or what to tweak) to correct it..
Regarding the text you have in English, I imagine that is related to the cash payment method, as you have disabled it, no need to work on that I guess.
I would like to understand how to avoir our clients receiving order confirmations with the English words..
Thanks

June 22, 2022 at 10:41 am #11518829

Yvette
Supporter

To be honest, I am unable to reproduce a situation where the Order Confirmation email to the client is sending mixed langauges.

Have you had recent cases of this?

Can *you* now recreate a scenario where this happens?

June 29, 2022 at 3:32 pm #11569511

Javier

Hello Yvette, thank you for your support.

I have made another order and the text now seems to appear correctly regarding the variations, however, the date format is not correct for French:
hidden link

We are seeing "juin 29, 2022" when it should be "29 juin, 2022", how and where can we fix this please?

thank you.

July 1, 2022 at 8:47 am #11583153

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

Could you please restore system access and I can take a closer look.

thanks

July 1, 2022 at 12:24 pm #11584911

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

Could you please try the steps described here?

https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-your-sites-date-format-using-wpml/#set-the-date-format-for-secondary-languages

And let me know if that works for you.

July 6, 2022 at 10:17 am #11612587

Javier

Hello Yvette,

I have followed the instructions provided in the link you sent me above but have a look here with what I found please
hidden link
Thanks.
Best Regards,

Javier Petrement

July 6, 2022 at 10:56 am #11612917

Yvette
Supporter

That will reflect whatever you have set as the date format here
Settings > General > Date format

See image.

General Settings ‹ Sandbox — WordPress.png
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.