Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

If you are using a theme with customizable theme options like GeneratePress, you may want to display a different logo in each language.

To display some translated theme options like a custom site identity logos on the front-end, you need to translate the logo ID in String Translation. If you can't find the string in String Translation, you may need to click on the Translate texts in admin screens link to register the texts as translatable.

For more, please see the page about translating theme options like logos, templates, headers, and footers.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Camilo 1 year ago.

Author Posts
April 18, 2023 at 8:35 pm #13499467

Camilo

I want a different logo for each language. I've already translated the image with Media Translation, but it's now working.

I looked into this thread: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/set-different-logo-using-string-translation/

Seems like the string can be registered, but I haven't been able to do it.

Website is: hidden link

April 18, 2023 at 9:38 pm #13499801

Ahmed Mohammed
Supporter

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+03:00)

Hi there,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

Before assigning your ticket to one of my colleagues, please allow me to walk you through some initial debugging steps. This will help speed up the support process.

I understand that you're using the GeneratePress theme. You set a custom logo by going to the Appearance → Customize → Site Identity, and you want a different logo for the other language.

Please try the following:

1. Go to WPML → String Translation → Admin Texts Translation
2. Search for site_logo and add it to the String Translation page.
3. Go to String Translation and translate the logo ID (you can grab it from the Media Library page).

Hope that helps 🙂

April 18, 2023 at 9:45 pm #13499809

Camilo

Hi Ahmed,

Thanks, the "Admin text translation" link at the bottom of the page was what I couldn't find earlier.

This is resolved now!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.