Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client is experiencing issues with the translation of product variation colors in the WooCommerce backend, which is affecting the functionality of the Product Pre-Orders for Woocommerce plugin. The colors are not translated in the backend, causing pre-order functionality to fail for out-of-stock products with variations.

Solution:
We have identified that the Product Pre-Orders for Woocommerce plugin is not officially compatible with WPML. We recommend the following steps:
1. Report the compatibility issue to the plugin author and invite them to join our Go Global program to help make the plugin officially compatible. You can find more information here: Go Global program.
2. As a workaround, you can:
- Navigate to WPML > Settings > Custom fields.
- Show system fields and set the following fields to copy:

_-_ywpo_preorder

_-_all fields starting with _wpro

_-_wpro_variable_is_preorder

- Manually edit the product in the second language, enable the pre-order checkbox, and add the correct data.

Please note that this solution might be outdated or not applicable to your case. If the issue persists, we highly recommend checking the related known issues, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. If you still need assistance, please open a new support ticket: WPML support forum.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 25 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by alexanderv-25 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Dražen Duvnjak.

Author Posts
February 1, 2024 at 2:30 pm #15255358

alexanderv-25

Hello,

I am working with woocommerce and using product variations for some products. For example: hidden link

Since a few weeks the colors of the variations in some languages are no longer translated in the back end of the website (they are in the front end). I am attaching screenshots of the back end.

The big problem is that because the colors are not translated in the backend, another plugin that handles pre-orders (Yith pre orders for woocommere) also fails to put products that are out of stock on pre order.

The problem does not occur with products without variations. There the colors work correctly and also the pre-order button (from the YITH plugin) works correctly there.

I looked at all these topics: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/lock-icon-on-the-variations/#post-13712399 and https://wpml.org/forums/topic/lock-icon-on-the-variations/ . Unfortunately without success.

February 2, 2024 at 8:32 am #15258143

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hello,

thanks for contacting us. Please follow the next steps.

1) If you are using any object cache or similar please disable it.

2) Go to WPML > Support > troubleshooting and try the button "synchronize taxonomy" for Products and Variations and see if this helps with the issue.

3) Go to Woocomerce > WCML > Attributes > Choose your attribute and in bottom click Sync attributes button, if it is there.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,
Drazen

February 2, 2024 at 9:23 am #15258240

alexanderv-25

Thanks for your reply.

I did the steps you mentioned before and did them again.

Without success unfortunately...

February 2, 2024 at 9:37 am #15258270

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Hello,

thanks can you please try one more thing.

Make sure to have a backup.

Disable all other plugins and leave active only WPML plugins and woocommerce. Switch to the default WP theme. Make a small change to the default language and save, click to update translation and translate.

Regards,
Drazen

February 3, 2024 at 7:56 am #15261742

alexanderv-25

Hi,

I did make a stage site and did try what you asked for.

In the backend I still don't have the colors visible in English (like I had in the past). See screenshot. When I open the "every color" variable product I can see the correct picture, price, etc. In the main language the colors are correct visible.

February 5, 2024 at 7:51 am #15264396

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Hello,

Please make a full backup of your site (files and database) and confirm it in your next reply.
If possible please provide access to the staging website, not production.

Please note, that I might need to do some debugging procedures like enable/disable plugins, switch themes, change the default language of the user account, and/or access your website database to debug the issue furtherly.

I will share with you any changes or steps done in this process. Please let me know if you do not agree with the above or if I do not have your permission for any.

I would need to access both your site's wp-admin and FTP account, if possible.

I have enabled the private username and password fields in your next reply.

I suggest you create a new user, set it as an administrator and then add those credentials in the private fields mentioned.

You can safely add your information into these fields.

Regards,
Drazen

February 6, 2024 at 10:54 am #15270800

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Hello,

thanks for getting back. Before I continue lets me first clear a few things up:

1) Can you please switch to the WP default theme and leave active only the WPML plugins, WooCommerce, and YITH preorder plugin, so it is easier to check and debug.

2) Why are you using a multisite setup if this is only single site?

3) I checked the NL product and I see completely the same thing as in EN, both have only button Add to Cart. Please share steps on how can I see the correct things on the default language and issues on 2nd language.

Thanks.
Drazen

February 6, 2024 at 11:25 am #15270996

alexanderv-25

1/ Done
2/ There is no reason for it, the site was build back in 2018 on this platform and it was never changed...
3/ See the screenshots, in dutch the colors are visible, in english not. Also the date that is set is not visible on the page on the front end (as it always was in the last years). The add to cart button normally changes to pre order. you can see how it goes if you take the teddy rocker (thats a simple product with no variations). If you put the stoc on 0 and enable pre order and set a date, the add to cart button wil change to pre order and the date you have set will be visible.

February 6, 2024 at 11:51 am #15271214

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Hello,

2) Okay, you might want to look into changing this to a single site as multisite is a more complex environment and can cause some issues in general, and if there is no need for it, would be better to use the proper environment.

3) I understand that part, but let's set this aside for now and clear the issue you are reporting to me, that preorder button is not there on the product or not working correcly, correct?

I am trying to check this, but I do not see it on the default language variable product, so I am trying to confirm if this is solely an issue with WPML or happens also without. And to understand the issue that happens or if is it solely cosmetic in the backend.

Please explain further step by step how can I see correct and wrong example.

Thanks,
Drazen

February 6, 2024 at 12:40 pm #15271847

alexanderv-25

Drazen,

Thanks for the quick follow up.

I did set the teddy rocker, as a simple product (on the staged site) in Dutch + English on pre order, as you can see now on the front end. There is a pre order button + an availability date ( I did set it on 29/02).
hidden link
also in english all has changed correctly:
hidden link

On simple products all works fine.

But when a product has variations, you can change the back-end, the front-end won't show the pre-order button and/or the date. Altough it did so in the past.

For Example, if you look at this link: hidden link

you will see (see also the screenshot) that the pre order button is there in dutch (but the date is not the one set in the back-end -> back-end says 4th of March). This happens also in English for this product. Some how the pre order button comes trough but not the correct date. This variable product reacts different (it show pre order button and a wrong date) from all other variable products that react as described below. (they dont show pre order button nor date)

When you go back to this product ( hidden link), where the settings for pre-order are identical with the one above, then there is no pre-order button nor a date. In no languages.

What I described for the product bliss rocker, happens also for all other variable products. See also for example: hidden link.

February 6, 2024 at 1:43 pm #15272097

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Hello,

thanks for getting back and sharing the details info, but I am afraid I am still not sure what exactly is here an WPML issue.

Let's keep it simple and take for example this product:
- hidden link

You are reporting that here date is wrong for both languages, so even if you disable the WPML plugin same issue is there for your default language product or all languages. I am not sure it is an issue caused by WPML or only by 2nd language.

I suggest disabling WPML, to confirm this still happens for your default language, and then if it does contact YITH support and make sure it works fine first in default language and without WPML plugins.

Regards,
Drazen

February 7, 2024 at 8:01 am #15274852

alexanderv-25

Drazen,

I did disable all plugins except YITH, woocommerce and wpml multi string and wpml multilingual. Without the 2 wpml plugins activated the shop is empty so I can not test anyhting.

The problem still exists with this setup. The YITH support has no reports of the problem. I did get in contact with them first over 2 weeks ago ( https://wordpress.org/support/topic/pre-order-button-not-showing/#post-17404786)

February 7, 2024 at 9:51 am #15275881

alexanderv-25

Drazen,

In the meanwhile I did change the YITH plugin with another plugin that offers pre-orders. You can see it on the normal website (not the staged one): hidden link
In the main language the pre order button is visible + the date with this new plugin. In the other languages not...

February 7, 2024 at 10:32 am #15275956

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Hello,

great, those are good news and look like something that we can check and help you with further.

Can you set up the same case on the staging site or create a new staging so I can further take a look and debug this issue?

Thanks,
Drazen

February 7, 2024 at 10:42 am #15276064

alexanderv-25

Drazen,

I did do the changes on the staged site.

Lets talk about this product on the stage site: hidden link
and lets talk about the color setting antracite grey with natural legs

In the backend I did activate in Dutch the pre order + set the date to 4th of March

In the backend in English it has also pre order activate (this was automaticly done after I did the activation in dutch). Notice that in the back-end the colors in English are not visible in the variable tab. It says in dutcht "iedere kleur" which means "every color", like when no specific color is set.

On the front end, with the new pre order plugin, in dutch you will see that the pre-order button is there + the correct date. All good. (hidden link)

In English however, there is no pre-order button nor date. (hidden link)

alexanderv-25 confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-02-13 10:25:42.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.