Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Long Nguyen 5 months, 1 week ago.

Assisted by: Long Nguyen.

Author Posts
November 15, 2023 at 2:50 pm #14810437

Jelle

Recent got this message again: WPML detected a new address for this site

It confuses me, it is irritating and i don't know what to do with it, and last time it ruined the setup. Please advise what to select.

The testing site = hidden link
The live site = hidden link

On the testing site i also got this message, and selected: This is only a copy - original site is still running.

What should i select on the live site? As i don't understand, see the second screenshot, what a stupid question: Do you still have the same site running at hidden link? I'm ON THIS DOMAIN.

What do i choose?

Thanks!

Screenshot_556r6.png
Screenshot_5565.png
November 16, 2023 at 8:00 pm #14830491

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hi there,

I understand you're facing this issue again. To better assist you, could you share your current workflow? This will help us identify potential triggers for the warning.

Typically, this warning occurs when a site has been moved. For example, if you work on a staging site and push changes to the live site.

Documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/advanced-translation-editor/using-advanced-translation-editor-when-you-move-or-use-a-copy-of-your-site/

It's crucial to differentiate between your ATE account (for automatic translation) and your wpml.org account (for site registration). Your site is correctly registered, so this warning isn't related to that.

If you want to use the same ATE account for both live and staging sites to share translation memory and credits, they should be under the same ATE account.

Your insights will help us resolve this faster. Thanks!

1. Do you currently have any dynamic constants in your wp-config.php
see here: https://wpml.org/errata/persistent-warning-this-site-has-moved-to-a-new-location/

2. share with us your workflow - - do you work on the staging site and then manually move it to live? (create a backup, and deploy on live env)

3. go to WPML->Support->Troubleshooting -> Your Automatic Translation account id is -> share with us the ID for the live site.

November 20, 2023 at 11:51 am #14876111
Jelle

The .nl is the live site. The other the staging site. Want to do the translations myself, so none of this registration, credits etc is needed.

1. Yes, but they are set properly on both sites.

2. The first time the staging was moved to the live, but i'm not going through that hassle again so now we just use the staging for testing.

3. 62316333-3835-5530-b236-343465653166#Rt5yPrq2Tf90Q5o4DUm8pwtt

Now running into the next problem... where do i edit / update these translations myself? Why isn't there an 'update / translate' button?
hidden link

New threads created by Long Nguyen and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/where-do-i-edit-update-these-translations-myself/

November 22, 2023 at 3:29 am #14892573

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Hi there,

Thank you for contacting WPML support, I'd be happy to help you with this issue.

Firstly, please check if you have a code that defines the site and home URL in the file wp-config.php. If yes, please remove it and setup the site URL in admin area > Settings > General.
Refer to this documentation https://wpml.org/errata/persistent-warning-this-site-has-moved-to-a-new-location/
and click "No" in the banner on the Live site.

Second, if the first step does not help, please try the workaround below:
- Backup your database and website before proceeding.
- Go to admin area WPML > Settings > Select the Classic Translation Editor (CTE) > Save.
- Access your database, run this query:

SELECT *
FROM wp_options
WHERE option_name = 'WPML_SITE_ID:ate'
OR option_name = 'WPML_TM_AMS'
OR option_name = 'otgs_wpml_tm_ate_cloned_site_lock'

replace "wp_" with your database prefix.
- Delete those entries.
- Go to admin area WPML > Settings > Select the Advanced Translation Editor (ATE) > Save and wait for ATE to get activated.

We can handle one issue per ticket only so I will split your second issue into another ticket for better handling.

Look forward to your reply.
Thanks

The topic ‘[Closed] WPML detected a new address for this site’ is closed to new replies.