Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Laura 4 months, 1 week ago.

Author Posts
December 20, 2023 at 10:38 am #15100457

Tom

Hi there,

Currently, I'm using hidden link as the default slug for the English site and hidden link for Welsh.

If I check the "Use directory for default language" box in "Language URL format" section, hidden link becomes unreachable. Besides using URL redirect in functions.php or with a plugin, where can I make the root slug direct to hidden link in WPML?

Look forward to hearing from you. Thank you.

BR,
Tom

December 20, 2023 at 10:42 am #15100463

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

thanks for contacting us.

What you are expieriencing is expected. You need to add a root page. Please check https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/language-setup/directory-default-language/#redirect-the-root-domain-to-the-default-language-directory

December 20, 2023 at 12:16 pm #15101799

Tom

Hi Laura,

Thanks for the link. I'd read it before contacting you but I don't want to design a new page which takes way more time than just using a Code Snippets redirect. Thanks for your time anyway.

BR,
Tom

Tom confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2023-12-20 12:16:08.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.