Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 7.64 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 8:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 -
- 14:00 – 17:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 18 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Bruno Kos 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
August 14, 2023 at 11:25 am #14196941

John

Hello,
On a website with 8 languages, we need to display a product only in 1 language, so we haven't translated it, and each time we go to checkout we get the session expired.
Everything works if we add translation to the default language, but we need to hide that product.
Any workaround?
Or is there any chance for some products to disable stock?
Thanks

August 15, 2023 at 4:58 pm #14204461

Nicolas Viallet
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

We are currently handling a high amount of ticket and while waiting for one of my colleagues to help with this ticket, could you please provide your debug information please?

This will greatly help speed up the support process. I've enabled a private message for submitting the debug information for this support ticket. Please follow these initial debugging steps: https://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

In short:
- Go to "WPML > Support > Debug Information" (link)
- Copy the Debug Information from there.
- Find the private field I activated and paste that information.

---

To clarify the issue: Do you want to display the same product "untranslated" in the 8 languages or do you only want to display this product in his language?

Also, if you could share a screenshot of your settings in "WooCommerce > WooCommerce Multilingual > Settings (tab) > Cart (section)"

August 16, 2023 at 10:11 am #14208435

John

Hello,
Thank you for your reply.
I have attached the Debug information also the screenshot that you have requested. hidden link
We have some products which are created first in DE, but now, we want to sell that product only in RO and we have modified the status of the product in de in draft and now, in ro when you try to buy the product, we receive the message session expired.
We have tried to unlink the product but still received the message.
Also, we have tried to create a new product only to the specific language that we want to sell it (RO) but we still receive the message.
I hope you have understood my issue.
Waiting for your reply.
Thank you!

August 17, 2023 at 6:46 am #14242431

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch ) French (Français )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Can you send me a product where you get this error?

Also, can you please check if this issue appears when:

- only WPML plugins are activated, as it will tell us if there is an interaction issue with other plugin
- theme is set to a WordPress default like Twenty Twenty as it will tell us if there is an interaction issue with your theme

Make sure to deactivate any caching if you have it as the error may be coming from there as well.

August 17, 2023 at 10:21 am #14244961

John

Hello,
Here is the product hidden link
Also, we have activated only WPML + WooCommerce and still receive the error.
Tried with Storefront and still receive the error.
Attached a shortvideo hidden link
Also, if you need access please let me know.
Waiting for your reply,
Thank you!

August 17, 2023 at 12:36 pm #14245907

Bruno Kos
Supporter

I see - can you try reproducing this issue here?
hidden link

So create one product, translate and then unpublish the original one ( if these are the exact steps?). You can make any additional changes if required, such as changing WooCommerce options, etc.

Let me know if you see the issue here as well - if so, then it is a bug we need to get resolved.

August 17, 2023 at 6:59 pm #14248445

John

Hello,
We have managed to have the same issue on sandbox.
We have created this product, hidden link. We have translated him and after that we have unlinked from the others.
And now when we add this product to the cart, it's saying that the cart it's empty.
Please try to add this product to the cart on RO and see the issue.
Waiting for your reply,
Thank you!

August 18, 2023 at 7:24 am #14250147

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Can you check if it works properly on sandbox now? Because I noticed that cart redirects me to original language checkout page.

However I used this function to create WooCommerce store pages in other languages - can you check if these pages are created in your site as well? If not, there will be a button offering you to do this in one click.

wocoommerce store pages.jpg
August 18, 2023 at 10:19 am #14251777

John

Hello,
Unfortunately, we cannot reproduce the issue anymore on your sandbox.
Can we give you access to a clone of our website so you can do the testing there? Please if it's ok activate the privately message.
Waiting for your reply,
Thank you!

August 18, 2023 at 10:48 am #14251947

Bruno Kos
Supporter

In order to debug this issue, I will install Duplicator plugin, will create packages and will try this on my localhost and escalate further to 2nd tier.

I will exclude all the media files, etc, to keep the package minimal.

https://wpml.org/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

Let me know if this is OK with you.

August 18, 2023 at 1:30 pm #14252727

Bruno Kos
Supporter

I asked our 2nd tier team about this, I'll get back to you as soon as I have any news or questions for you.

August 19, 2023 at 10:55 am #14256029

Bruno Kos
Supporter

We are still unsure why this occurs on this site - can you update plugins on this staging site and try then?
https://wpml.org/faq/install-wpml/#checking-for-updates

August 21, 2023 at 8:41 am #14261131

John

Hello,
I have updated the plugins for you.
Also, on the live website the plugins are updated to the last versions and still have the issue.
Please let me know if you need anything else from me.
Thank you!

August 21, 2023 at 2:10 pm #14264859

Bruno Kos
Supporter

When we set this to "prompt" it seems to be working for us. Do you still see the issue even with these settings?

propt.jpg
August 28, 2023 at 9:35 am #14299031

John

Hello,
We have implemented the settings that you provided us but we don't consider this is a permanent fix.
You can please still debug and search for a fix?
Thank you!

The topic ‘[Closed] Session expired on checkout’ is closed to new replies.