Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 - - 9:00 – 18:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Yerevan (GMT+04:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christopher Amirian 12 months ago.

Assisted by: Christopher Amirian.

Author Posts
April 24, 2023 at 1:42 pm #13527763

peterS-21

Hi,
We have a staging site (WP staging) that copies the plugins and setup from the live site, and we use this to test new updates of plugins before activating them on the live site.
We now have a problem, that I checked that this belongs to WPML CMS plugin 4.6.3. We have this version in both sites (and this seem to be the latest version). The problem is that on the staging site, this plugin makes the "add to cart" buttons to not work, so products can not be added to the cart on the single product page (I have activated all plugins and changed to storefront theme, to isolate the issue to WPML CMS). This only appears on the staging site, and not on the live site. As we need to use ths staging site (on the same domain, but another folder), we would need to know how this issue can be solved. I think it might be that we do not have licenses, as this is what the staging site plugin overview say. Please see attached picture. Still, I think it is strange that it makes this kind of error on the site (i.e. not being able to put products into the cart), when it works on the live site?
Could you please help me on this (it should not be too uncommon for sites to have a staging site for secure updates uf plugins). I am sure this would work with you plugin too?
Many thanks in advance for fast help.
Best regards, Peter

wpml issue staging site.jpg
April 25, 2023 at 9:10 am #13532027

Christopher Amirian
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Yerevan (GMT+04:00)

Hi Peter,

The registration issue is not a problem you can register a staging website too. Use the same steps mentioned below:

- Make sure that you are logged in wpml.org.
- Go to "WordPress Dashboard > Plugins > Add New > Commercial (Tab)".
- Click the "Register WPML" at the right section of the screen.
- Click the "Get a key for this site" link annotated in the screenshot below.
- A new page will open up and the auto-generated key will show in pop-up.
- In the Pop-up select the checkbox that indicated this one is for development.
- Copy the key and paste it into the "Site Key" input box annotated in the screenshot below.
- Click the "OK" button.

Screenshot:

hidden link

For more information:

https://wpml.org/faq/install-wpml/#register

Now I will need to have access to the staging website to see how the issue is happening.

What I want to do is to check my browser console to see if there is a Javascript error happening.

I wanted to check this but it goes straight to a login page:

hidden link

Thanks.

May 3, 2023 at 2:31 pm #13579599

peterS-21

Still need assistance to this, just have not had the time lately to try your last proposal out. Will do so in short. Do not close the thread in the meantime. Will get back to you.

May 4, 2023 at 10:39 am #13585457

Christopher Amirian
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Yerevan (GMT+04:00)

Hi there,

Sure we are here.

The topic ‘[Closed] can not put products in cart if WPML CMS is activated on staging site’ is closed to new replies.