Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by zenC 1 year, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Nicolas Viallet.

Author Posts
June 30, 2022 at 1:16 pm #11576737

zenC

I am trying to: Delete Image in second language with imagify active

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see: the image in second language being deleted in the media library, but no changes to the actual files

Instead, I got: The deleting triggers imagify to revert it's optimisations. After that they cannot be reapplied anymore. Only deleting with imagify inactive works.
No problem for me, but someone else who doesn't know that could complete break his image optimizations with that.

July 2, 2022 at 12:20 pm #11589943

Nicolas Viallet
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. My name is Nicolas and I will be happy to help you today.

It's important to note that WPML doesn’t duplicate any files on your site. Duplication here means that new entries are created in the database with your translated image captions, titles, meta text, and other information.

So unless you use a different image (through Media Translation) on your secondary language, only one image is stored on your server and that's the only image Imagify can optimized.

I'm not familiar with this plugin and I don't see it in our list of compatible plugins. Could you try one of the plugins listed?
https://wpml.org/plugin-functionality/media/

Else, we suggest that you contact the plugin author to report this issue and ask them to join our Go Global compatibility program. Our developers will be happy to assist them in making their plugin WPML-compatible and getting them added to our compatibility list.
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/go-global-program/

Thanks,
Nico

July 5, 2022 at 8:24 am #11602827

zenC

Alright, then i will contact imagify about it. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.