Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 2.14 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by andreaB-8 1 year ago.

Assisted by: Bobby.

Author Posts
April 18, 2023 at 10:36 pm #13500043

andreaB-8

In this site
hidden link
footer seems that is not translated... can you assist me for approach in right way?
I checked different tutorial in your site but I want to follow right steps.
Thanks!

April 19, 2023 at 6:50 am #13501855

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hello,

can you please share some images or videos on how are you adding and creating this footer in the default language?

Thanks,
Drazen

April 19, 2023 at 2:31 pm #13505487

andreaB-8

I tried to search in Menu but I don't know how to change footer items in this site

April 19, 2023 at 8:41 pm #13507857

Bobby
Supporter

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hi there,

It looks like the footer is created using widgets. Go to Appearance->Widgets and let me know if you see the footer items listed there.

If yes, follow the steps from this documentation:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-widgets/#using-different-widgets-for-different-languages

April 19, 2023 at 9:01 pm #13507945

andreaB-8

Yes but how to translate these widgets... according that now I've only IT section

Thanks

April 21, 2023 at 4:39 am #13514995

Bobby
Supporter

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to test the issue.
(preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible)

**Before we proceed It is necessary to take FULL BACKUP of your database and your website. Providing us with access, you agree that a backup has been taken **

I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/
You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
The information you enter is private which means only you and I have access to it.

NOTE: If access to the live site is not possible and the staging site does not exist please provide me with a duplicator package created with the duplicator plugin.

Thank you,
Bobby

April 25, 2023 at 1:27 am #13530373

Bobby
Supporter

Your Footer is compromised of 6 widgets.

You can locate these widgets in Appearance->Widgets

They are named:

Footer Top Column 1
Footer Top Column 2
Footer Top Column 3
Footer Top Column 4
Footer Bottom Column 1
Footer Bottom Column 2

For example, Footer Bottom Column 1 has a text widget with this content

"ALTOPIANO DEL SOLE - Tutti di diritti sono riservati.  Piattaforma Sviluppata da Area Élite PISOGNE - Supporto Tecnico LIMES FARM"

See the screenshot I shared---> Where it says " Display on language" at the moment it's set to "all languages" -> set it to "Italian" -> add another Text widget right underneath it and set it to "English" in the English one add your translated content

For the menu go to Appearance->Footer Menu->Click on synchronize menus between languages or click on the "+" icon to add the translation.

Documentation on how to translate widgets:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-widgets/#using-different-widgets-for-different-languages

Documentation on how to translate menus:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-menus/

Screen Shot 2023-04-24 at 6.26.14 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-04-24 at 6.24.00 PM.png
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.