Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 0.14 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - -
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Itamar.

Author Posts
August 21, 2024 at 3:03 pm #16090685

mariannaS-4

Background of the issue:
My site has been really slow since I installed WPML. When I log in as administrator and try to load the pages it takes more than 180-200 seconds at a time and, in most cases, it tells me 'error503'. I have already spoken to the hosting company that manages the site and they tell me that it is not their speed problem. In addition, having installed query monitor it gives me 5 slow queries all related to this plugin.

Symptoms:
Page load times are 180-200 seconds and often result in 'error503'. Query monitor shows 5 slow queries related to WPML.

Questions:
Can you help me resolve the slow page load times?
How can I fix the 'error503' issue?
What can I do about the 5 slow queries related to WPML?

August 21, 2024 at 3:43 pm #16091419

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi,

This ticket has been inactive for quite a while. I didn't get a reply from you. So, I've transformed this chat into a support ticket because you may still need our help. If you do, please reply to this ticket, and one of our supporters will continue helping you.

If the problem persists, please share WordPress's debug log (not WPML debug information). Please check this page for instructions.

https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

To enable it, open your wp-config.php file and look for

define('WP_DEBUG', false);

Change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);
// Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);
// Disable display of errors and warnings
define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);
@ini_set('display_errors', 0);

After this, repeat the action that causes the problem on your site. Visit the backend pages that are loading slowly. In this case, the errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/ directory. Then please share the errors with us.

Otherwise, if you need further help with this, please share the access details to your site with me. I'm enabling a private message for the following reply.

Privacy and Security Policy
We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/
**IMPORTANT**
- - Please backup the site files and database before providing us access. --
-- If you have a staging site where the problem can be reproduced, it is better to share access to the staging site.--

Regards,
Itamar.

The topic ‘[Closed] TOO SLOW 200 seconds to open a page’ is closed to new replies.