Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
ACFML taxonomy fields does not saves.

Solution:
Update ACFML to 2.0.2 or latter.

Relevant Documentation:

https://wpml.org/errata/advanced-custom-fields-multilingual-acfml-2-0-prevents-acf-taxonomy-field-from-loading-terms/

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by massimoG-5 1 year, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Subash Chandra Poudel.

Author Posts
March 15, 2023 at 9:55 pm #13255269

massimoG-5

I am trying to: load taxonomy fields values (backend)

I expected to see: correct taxonomy value

Instead, I got: blank taxonomy select, taxonomy still attached to cpt

No problem with 1.9 versions.
Website still in development.

Regards

March 16, 2023 at 6:26 am #13256583

Subash Chandra Poudel

Hi there,

Thank you for contacting WPML and sharing the details.

To troubleshoot the issue further, I setup a clean test site for you. Can you please login to the test site using the next link then setup WPML and ACF with your custom CPT and Taxonomy then see if the issue is replicable there or not?

hidden link

If the issue is replicable please let me know how I can see/check the issue at my end. Links and Screenshots will help me understand it better.

Regards,
Subash

March 17, 2023 at 8:22 am #13267029

massimoG-5

Hi,

try to check now.
Go to "immobili" -> post "immobile test" -> check "stato" - "tipologie" - "località" that are taxonomy acf fields, are blank -> disable ACFML -> check now and all tax are OK.

Regards

March 20, 2023 at 6:28 am #13280667

Subash Chandra Poudel

Hi there,

Thank you for your efforts in settingup the test site and explaining the issue in detail.

The issue seem to be related to a known issue that is already being worked upon by our developer. The issue is fixed and should be released in the future ACFML releases.

In the mean time please do the following as explained in the erratum linked next to fix the issue:

- Backup the site completely first to prevent any issues.

- Edit the file /wp-content/plugins/acfml/classes/strategy/repeater-sync/HooksFactory.php inside your WordPress directory in a text editor.

- Look for line 10.

- Replace the following code:

class HooksFactory implements \IWPML_Backend_Action_Loader {

/**
	 * @return \IWPML_Action[]
	 */
	public function create() {

- With the following code:

class HooksFactory implements \IWPML_Backend_Action_Loader,IWPML_Deferred_Action_Loader {

/**
     * @return string
     */
    public function get_load_action() {
        return 'wp_loaded';
    }

/**
     * @return IWPML_Action[]
     */
    public function create() {

- Save the file.

Regards,
Subash

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.