Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client is unsure whether to reactivate the WooCommerce Multilingual & Multicurrency plugin that was previously deactivated by our support team. The client wants to know if it is necessary for their site, which includes products translated with WPML but not with WooCommerce Multilingual & Multicurrency.
Solution:
If you're running an online shop with WooCommerce and you wish to translate products into other languages and sell in multiple currencies, we recommend using the WooCommerce Multilingual & Multicurrency plugin. You can find more information here: WooCommerce Multilingual documentation.
However, if everything on your site is working as expected without this plugin, and you have used a different plugin for translations, such as Loco Translate, you may not need to reactivate WooCommerce Multilingual. In this case, it is safe to remove the plugin.
If this solution doesn't look relevant to your situation, please open a new support ticket and we will be happy to assist you further.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mihai Apetrei 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
December 11, 2023 at 11:55 am #15036543

sylvainG-5

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Hello,
Hi, WooCommerce Multilingual & Multicurrency is on my site but deactivated. I believe it was deactivated by your support long ago. I am just wondering if I should keep it or not. If it is related to your plugin ???
Please advise 🙏 thanks
Regards,
Sylvain

Is there any documentation that you are following?

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Screenshot 2023-12-11 at 12.54.54.png
Screenshot 2023-12-11 at 12.53.44.png
Screenshot 2023-12-11 at 12.52.16.png
December 11, 2023 at 12:13 pm #15036725

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi there, Sylvain.

That plugin does what is mentioned here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/woocommerce-multilingual/

If you have an online shop with WooCommerce and you want to translated products in other languages and sell in multiple currencies, you would need that.

If you don't, then don't worry about it 🙂

Mihai Apetrei

December 11, 2023 at 4:52 pm #15039579

sylvainG-5

I have this product:
hidden link
Which I translated with WPML, I think, but not with WooCommerce Multilingual & Multicurrency.
Please check if I should I reactivate it or if it works like this.
Thanks

December 11, 2023 at 6:01 pm #15039989

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi there.

Probably you used a different plugin to translate (like Loco Translate, the one you have active).

If WooCommerce Multilingual is currently disabled and things work as you expect (from what I can see, the translation of this product works fine), you can simply remove it, yes. You won't need it.

Mihai

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.