Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqas Bin Hasan 1 year, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqas Bin Hasan.

Author Posts
June 29, 2022 at 4:02 pm #11569885

andreaw-15

I am trying to:

We've made so many updates only to have them vanish and revert back to the older versions. And for some reason our overlays keep switching languages. For example, german is the original language of the site; On the English side all was working fine, now our overlays keep switching to the german.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see:

I expect things to go right. Now i just checked one of the translations and its gone back to the way it was before again!

Instead, I got:

June 29, 2022 at 4:05 pm #11569897

andreaw-15

This is the German overlay here - hidden link

I've now translated the English 7 times - I am fixing the formatting, I am using the original WPML translator, and it keeps going back!

hidden link

June 30, 2022 at 6:44 am #11572399

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting the support.

May I ask for the debug information of your website for an overview of your setup? Please see https://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/ for more information.

I've enabled the debug information section for your next reply.

Additionally you can also take a look at https://wpml.org/faq/checklist-before-opening-a-ticket-in-wpml-support/ and cross-check for a few initial fixes.

Please see https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/ for details on privacy and security.

Regards.

June 30, 2022 at 9:30 am #11574097

andreaw-15

I just need you to tell me what common issues causes our content edits to completely disappear? We made quite a few changes to some text, and then translated it using the classic editor. All seems fine and worked well. Now it's all gone.
Can you please just tell me the reasons why this would happen?

June 30, 2022 at 9:51 am #11574399

andreaw-15

Again, we've done nothing and some of the pages are suddenly becoming mixed up! This ENGLISH page is showing GERMAN - nothing was done with this page. hidden link

How do we get it back to what it was?

July 1, 2022 at 9:02 am #11583317

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you for providing the information. There could be several reasons and can't be sure until fully investigated. Although your debug information looks fine, however, I'll suggest followings:

1) Update WordPress to the latest version and check for the issue.
2) Update all other plugins and themes to the latest versions, if needed and check for the issue.
3) Does your server takes scheduled backup and is stable enough that it does not crash sometimes and in such an event restores the backup automatically? You may need to contact your service provider and find out the server logs to check for detailed information.

4) Before proceeding further, may I ask you to also try the following please?

IMPORTANT: Please take full backup of your website and database beforehand. It is highly advised to try the following on a staging/dev site first, so your live website isn't compromised.

- Deactivate all plugins except WPML and its addons and check for the issue.
- Activate each plugin one-by-one, while keeping check on the issue after a plugin is activated. This way you'll be able to pinpoint a plugin having a conflict (or problem), if any.
- If the problem persists, please repeat the above steps with a default theme of WordPress (i.e. 2022).
- Please also check the browser's console for any JavaScript errors. If you find any, please copy that in your next reply. See https://wordpress.org/support/article/using-your-browser-to-diagnose-javascript-errors/ for details on how to find these errors.

Please let me know if this helps resolve the issue. Or I'll try my best to further assist you on the matter.

Regards.

July 4, 2022 at 1:21 pm #11598059

andreaw-15

Okay, so everything seems to be systematically failing. All updated, all checked and rechecked. My client is demanding a refund - what do we do next? Can one of your techs not login and see for themselves what is happening here?

July 5, 2022 at 4:35 am #11601611

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

Hi,

Sure, please provide admin access to your website to check the issue in detail? You can create a separate admin user for this purpose, which can be deleted afterwards.

Please remember to take full backup of your website and database before proceeding. However, a staging/test site is highly recommended, because I may need to try some changes/fixes on the site, which may cause conflicts with the live site otherwise.

I've set your next reply as private to share this information safely.

Please remember to provide the details that how one can reproduce and observe the issue, for example:

- detailed steps to reproduce/observe the issue
- links to pages in admin and frontend
- possible screenshots or screen recording

IMPORTANT: If you don't see the section for providing access information, please do not write in the message box or the information may appear as public.

Please see https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/ for details on privacy and security.

Regards.

July 5, 2022 at 8:46 am #11603081

andreaw-15

This page has both languages mixed - hidden link I tried to fix this and it just doesn't save.
Also our overlays are mixing up and blending both languages.
The site is in German and English - German is default.
Bottom footer as well - Imprint, goes to some other blog form page on a few pages but not the others....We just don't understand how things won't link properly or why it keeps reverting back.

July 8, 2022 at 9:30 am #11629463

andreaw-15

How do we get a full refund? We wlll be turning off the plugin today and getting rid of it. As of now, the site is even more broken and you have been no help whatsoever.

July 12, 2022 at 5:37 am #11646893

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

Hi,

My apologies if I've not been of any help, although I am trying my best to resolve this issue. My previous message (https://wpml.org/forums/topic/everytime-we-make-changes-to-text-then-make-sure-translations-are-in-order-we/#post-11610047) with all the details was another effort towards this.

But anyways, please see https://wpml.org/purchase/refunds/ to proceed with your request.

Have a great time!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.