Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 2.67 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by walter-arielM 1 year, 7 months ago.

Author Posts
September 25, 2022 at 6:33 pm #12119515

walter-arielM

Hello,

I have this issue: Files in server are not removed after delete it in Media Library.
Problem is fixed if I disable all wpml plugins.

Then, after investigating, I see that the problem is that I have to search and found the same image for each language and delete all them.

I need to delete the image for all languages. I mean this to synchronize the deletion across all languages.

I can not find where to set this in the wpml/settings.
How can get this?

September 26, 2022 at 11:15 am #12123527

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

thanks for contacting us.

Please understand that WPML doesn't duplicate Media files. The file is only one, what WPML does is create a new entry in the database for each language. That's why it seems images are deleted when you disable WPML.

You can check if the option "When deleting a post, delete translations as well" in WPML → Settings → Posts and pages synchronization helps

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.