Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on this forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno 4 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Bruno.

Author Posts
March 11, 2020 at 12:51 pm #5663247

anna

I am trying to: keep my language in English in wp-admin but when I change language, it changes the wp-admin language too

I apply this help https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/language-setup/setting-the-wordpress-administration-language/#convenient-content-editing-for-rtl-ltr-sites

Set my user to English

I get Italian version when I change italian language hidden link and it's with Twenty twelve theme

Thank you

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see:

Instead, I got:

March 11, 2020 at 11:45 pm #5667053

Bruno

Thank you for contacting us. I would be very happy to help you but I didn't fully understand what is the issue. Are you wanting the WordPress interface to be in English, but when you change the language, the language doesn't change?

If so, please as a test, could you disable all non-WPML plugins, switch to the default theme and see if the problem persists?

If the problem is fixed, please, enable the plugins one by one to see if there is any compatibility problem between these plugins.

Also, please, what is the version of WPML and WP are you using? I would like to know more about your installation. Can you please provide your WPML Debug information in the debug field below? http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Thank you.

March 12, 2020 at 7:52 am #5669489

anna

Hi

It still happens - Please see video hidden link

I need the wp-admin in 1 language, even when switching the language selector.

Please advise.

Thank you

March 12, 2020 at 5:16 pm #5674807

Bruno

Hi,

In your screencast, in Users> Your Profile, you are using the option "Set admin language as editing language.". As long as this option is enabled, as soon as you change the language at the top, the WordPress interface will change as well. I will attach an image for you to see.

Following these steps, the WordPress interface should only be in the desired language. Could you please uncheck this option and see if the problem persists?

Thank you.

wpml-languages.png
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.