Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Prosenjit Barman 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Prosenjit Barman.

Author Posts
October 13, 2023 at 9:11 am #14571389

sylvainG-5

Tell us what you are trying to do?

1) Should I update WPML Multilingual CMS to version 4.6.6 ?
2) Should I update WPML String Translation to version 3.2.8 ?
3) What is this WooCommerce Multilingual 5.2.1 hotfix?

I am joining an image of my current WPML version

Regards,
Sylvain

Is there any documentation that you are following?

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?

Screenshot 2023-10-13 at 17.08.05.png
October 13, 2023 at 12:15 pm #14572869

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Dhaka (GMT+06:00)

Hello Sylvain,
Thank you for contacting WPML Support.

I understand the queries you have and will try my best to address them.

1) WPML version 4.6.6 includes a solution for issues in a multisite environment and translation problems that particularly occur with the page builder. If you're on a multisite environment or using any page builder, then you definitely should update to 4.6.6. Apart from that, you always should use an updated version of the plugin. Check the changelog from here: https://wpml.org/download/wpml-multilingual-cms/?section=changelog

2) String translation 3.2.8 contains a performance fix. Therefore you should update the plugin to its latest version. You can see the changelog from here: https://wpml.org/download/wpml-string-translation/?section=changelog

3) The WooCommerce Multilingual 5.2.1 contains a fix for the 'High-performance order storage feature' that is introduced in WooCommerce 8.2. A notice will be displayed to the admin to enable HPOS sync so that WCML works properly with it. More information about the fix is shared here: https://wpml.org/compatibility/2023/10/woocommerce-multilingual-5-2-1-compatibility-fix/

If you're using WooCommerce 8.2 then you should update the WCML to its latest version.

Let me know if there is anything else you need help with. I will be happy to assist you.

Best regards,
Prosenjit

October 13, 2023 at 12:29 pm #14572973

sylvainG-5

Thanks for your explanation, still it seems so complicated this time. I have one website, translated on 8 languages. I am using Bakery Builder.
Should I update or not?
Why can I simply update as before? Not sure about this fix, if I need to use it and how ?
Regards

October 16, 2023 at 6:05 am #14581359

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Dhaka (GMT+06:00)

Hi There,
I hope you're doing well. Sorry for the delay in responding due to the weekend.

The recent updates contain fixes and improvements that are essential to have. By reviewing the changelog, you can gain insight into the specific areas where the fixes and improvements are implemented.

Based on that, you can update the plugins. But, we always recommend keeping the plugins updated even if you don't encounter the issue mentioned in the changelog. If you have concerns about data loss, consider taking a backup prior to the update.

If you need further assistance or clarification, please let me know. I will be happy to help.

Best regards,
Prosenjit

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.