Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by istvanM 1 year, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Kor.

Author Posts
October 5, 2022 at 2:56 pm #12186711

istvanM

I am trying to: translate this post: hidden link

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: see the Translation Editor screen here: hidden link

I expected to see: of course I need to see the image captions as well, since I need to translate them

Instead, I got: no images in the translation editor

Screen Shot 2022-10-05 at 16.54.42.png
Screen Shot 2022-10-05 at 16.54.54.png
October 6, 2022 at 4:19 am #12190205

Kor
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Singapore (GMT+08:00)

Hi there,

Thanks for contacting WPML support.

Please use the "Media Translation" to translate the image caption or alt texts as explained here https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/media-translation/ .

Let me know if this works for you.

Thanks!

Kor

October 6, 2022 at 7:09 am #12190833

istvanM

Hi, the translator used the Translation Editor for translating the image captions/descriptions for a long time. It was easy to use and self explanatory. Why should we turn to use the Media Translation? It is inconvenient, because first we have to search the images and than make the translation one by one. Is there any solution to use the Translation Editor for image translation as we used before?
Thanks
IstvanM

October 7, 2022 at 7:00 am #12199221

Kor
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Singapore (GMT+08:00)

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply.

I would need to take a closer look at your site. So I would need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed

IMPORTANT: Please, note, a backup is required for security reasons, and to avoid any data loss, you can use the https://wordpress.org/plugins/updraftplus/plugin for these backup needs.

Your following answer will be private, which means only you and I have access to it.

✙ I would need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme and to change configurations on the site if required. This is also a reason the backup is critical.

Thanks!

Kor

October 11, 2022 at 4:34 pm #12222249

istvanM

In the meantime, using the Media Translator (as you proposed first), I could make the translation for the images. Hope that when translating the next posts, images will appear in the Translation Editor.
Thanks for your help

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.