Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 - -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+02:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 16 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mohamed Sayed 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Mohamed Sayed.

Author Posts
November 23, 2023 at 11:06 am #14906863

JeySign studio

Also on the same page I have translated the following link, but the translation will not appear.
Why is that? I translated and finished this page in both available languages.
Please check this age as well:
hidden link
As you can see, the chart, even though it is coming from a google sheet, but translated within WPML still shows the german input. So, why does the translation does not appear here?

I appreciate your help.

Jakob

November 23, 2023 at 12:40 pm #14907951

Mohamed Sayed

Hi Jakob,

Please tell me more details about the following:

- Which plugin is used to import/display the data from Google Sheets?
- Do you translate this data with the page content in the translation editor or via String Translation?

November 24, 2023 at 11:45 am #14916553

JeySign studio

Hey, I am using essential addons for in order to import the google sheet. Weird thing is that I can see it withing the page content translation editor, but it does not change on the front end.

Please find login credentials here, if you want to have a look:
[Login details were removed by supporter]

Thank you for your help 🙂

November 26, 2023 at 10:06 am #14924237

Mohamed Sayed

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply due to the weekend.

I checked the site and tested forcing a translation update, also tried the XML code provided here: https://wpml.org/de/forums/topic/uebersetzung-advanced-data-table-von-essential-addons-for-elementor-v2/#post-11015973 but this didn't help.

It could be a compatibility issue, may I kindly ask you to replicate it on one of our testing servers?

I have created this clean sandbox setup on our servers here:
hidden link (one-click login)

I would need you to please set up WPML + the WPML add-ons as you have them on your site (they are already installed) and also install the plugin and try to recreate the issue.

Please don't install anything else like plugins that are not necessary, on a clean sandbox we try to use just the WPML plugins and the plugin/theme that's part of the issue

If the issue is going to take place on this clean setup on our servers too, then I can forward this to our compatibility department.

Please let me know how that goes and what you are able to find.

Kindly note that I removed the access details you provided previously as it was provided in a public reply. Kindly don't share any login details in a public reply, whenever we need some access details we will enable a private reply for security reasons.

November 27, 2023 at 11:37 am #14929483

JeySign studio

Hey Mohamed,
thank you for your kind reply and your problem solving.
unfortunately I do not have the time to set up the whole sandbox page in order to test it further. I might find the time by the end of the week. Is that ok?

November 27, 2023 at 7:41 pm #14934497

Mohamed Sayed

Sure, take your time.

I will be waiting for your updates.

November 27, 2023 at 8:04 pm #14934577

JeySign studio

Sorry, but I will not b able to do it as you requested. Also, i have the same issues on other pages:
hidden link
hidden link

This shows me that something must be wrong at wpml, sonce the homepages work differently.

I will not load and activate all the payed plugins on three different pages. Please recheck another way to find out what is wrong. I can not spend my time troubleshooting wpml. If you can not do it, please give pass issue to somebody else from the wpml team.

Thank you and have a nice day.

November 28, 2023 at 9:26 am #14936937

Mohamed Sayed

Hi,

I see that the table data is translated here hidden link so the issue might be not related to compatibility.

I would need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) so I can investigate this issue further.
– preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible –

Your next answer will be private, which means only you and I have access to it.

❌ Please backup your database and website before providing us with access details ❌

✙ I would additionally need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme and to change configurations on the site if needed. This is also a reason the backup is critical.

✙ I would also need your permission to take a local copy of your site to debug the issue without affecting your live site , this will also help if the issue requires escalating to the 2nd tier support team.

If you don't see the form below, please don't add your credentials as they will be publicly exposed:
hidden link

Privacy and Security when Providing Debug Information for Support:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Thanks for your cooperation

December 1, 2023 at 1:44 pm #14973227

Mohamed Sayed

Hi,

I made more tests and found that using the same widget with a "Static" source doesn't show the same issue. This might be a compatibility issue when using the Google sheet integration.

I escalated this ticket to the 2nd tier support team for further investigation and will update you once I get their reply.

December 1, 2023 at 4:18 pm #14974617

JeySign studio

Great, thank you. What I do not really get is that in the backend all data is visible from the google sheet and only in the frontend we can not see the result.

I know that with the static data it is working properly. I tried it out as well. But this is no option for the clients. They want to handle the data with the google sheet system.

Thank you for the support. I will be waiting for further instructions.

Have a nice weekend Mohamed.

December 4, 2023 at 10:49 am #14985387

Mohamed Sayed

Hi,
I hope you're doing well.

Our 2nd tier support team is still investigating this issue, could you please tell us more details about the following?

1. Did you get any response from Essential Addons regarding this issue?
2. When you make changes to the Google sheet, do the changes reflect immediately to the front end or do you have to update the original page?

December 6, 2023 at 9:51 am #15005531

JeySign studio

Hey Mohamed,
thank you for your response.
1. I did not get any response from WPML yet, I will ad it here as soon as I will get an answer.
2. I have set up the data cache time for 300 minutes. But when I am editing the page at it appears directly after refreshing the page when I have altered the google sheet.

December 6, 2023 at 1:34 pm #15008269

Mohamed Sayed

Thanks, I shared this info with our developers and will let you know once I have any updates.

December 14, 2023 at 10:09 am #15062091

Mohamed Sayed

Hi Jakob,
Thanks for your patience!

This is a compatibility issue that requires the collaboration of the plugin's authors to fix it, our compatibility team will contact them.

At the moment, please try the following workaround:

1. Go to WPML > Configuration > Custom XML Configuration page.
2. Add the following code:

<wpml-config>
  <elementor-widgets>
    <widget name="eael-advanced-data-table">
      <fields>
        <field type="Adv Data Table: Table Content" editor_type="LINE">ea_adv_data_table_static_html</field>
        <field type="Adv Data Table: Search Placeholder" editor_type="LINE">ea_adv_data_table_search_placeholder</field>
        <field type="Adv Data Table: Tooltip" editor_type="LINE">eael_tooltip_section_content</field>         
        <field type="Adv Data Table: Google Sheet" editor_type="LINE">ea_adv_data_table_source_google_table_range</field>        
      </fields>
    </widget>
  </elementor-widgets>
</wpml-config>

3. In your Google sheet, duplicate the table then add the translation to the duplicate (So you'll have a different table for each language)
4. Get the range of the duplicated table where you added the translation
5. Update the original page with a small change
6. Update the translation
7. Use the new table range as a translation of the original one (You'll see the range included in ATE)

Let me know please how that goes.

Kind regards,
Mohamed

image2.png
December 14, 2023 at 10:49 am #15062321

JeySign studio

Well, this is not how I want to do it and it is not a solution! This is actually how I was working the last three years on it! For each translation another table. But this is not how the client wants to work with it. It show a lack of professionalism and not a solution to my client, so this is absolutely not solution for me here. What do you think, how long can it take to make this work, since we are actually in the middle of the season and the pages I use the translator do perform well and must work properly...