Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Marcel 6 days, 8 hours ago.

Assisted by: Marcel.

Author Posts
April 24, 2024 at 9:37 am

yuanL-2

Translated posts from French to English but always shows French on English URL, in the frontend....

April 24, 2024 at 10:38 am
April 24, 2024 at 3:57 pm #15561764

yuanL-2

waiting for the solution.

April 25, 2024 at 11:51 am #15565310

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Dhaka (GMT+06:00)

Hello There,
I hope you're doing well.

From the summary provided by my colleague Waqas, I understand that the translations are consistently reverting to the default content.

While attempting to further investigate the issue on your site, I encountered a 503 error, preventing me from accessing the backend. However, from the WPML debug information, I noticed that the PHP execution time limit is set to 0, which could be contributing to the problems you're experiencing.

Could you please check the guide below and adjust the max_execution_time? It should at least be set to 300.

- hidden link

Once done, please check if you can access the backend of your site. if you're able to do so, please make a small update to the default page and then update the translation again.

However, if the 503 error persists even after addressing the PHP execution time limit, it would be wise to contact your hosting or server administrator. Since a 503 error is server-related, they should have access to logs that can pinpoint the specific cause of the issue and provide the necessary assistance.

Please let me know the update. I will be happy to help if you need further assistance in this matter.

Best regards,
Prosenjit

April 26, 2024 at 11:40 pm #15572245

yuanL-2

the 503 issue is resolved now. I tried this already and your colleague also. "make a small update to the default page and then update the translation again" but it's not worked.

April 29, 2024 at 6:21 am #15574667

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Hi There,
I hope you're doing well. Sorry for the delay in responding due to the weekend.

Thank you for the update. I followed your instructions and observed the issue. As such problems can arise if the translations are stored as string packages, I checked by removing the relevant string package, but the issue persisted.

Could you please check if there is any content within this specific post (hidden link) that has been inserted dynamically or programmatically and has not been translated? This could include any templates, pop-ups, or similar elements.

If there is any content in this post that has been inserted dynamically or programmatically, you'll also need to translate those elements to ensure everything displays correctly in other languages.

However, if there are no such dynamically or programmatically inserted elements, could you please create a test site from the main site and provide me with access? In my development environment, content added in the Classic Editor is translating correctly on the frontend. Having a test site would be extremely helpful for further investigation into this issue.

I have enabled a secure environment so you can safely share access details. If it's okay to continue debugging on the site you've shared, please let me know, and I'll proceed with the investigation there.

Looking forward to your response.

Best regards,
Prosenjit

April 30, 2024 at 11:33 pm #15582913

yuanL-2

I don't have a test site.

May 2, 2024 at 4:17 am #15585330

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Hi There,
I hope you're doing well. Sorry for the delay in responding due to the weekend.
Since you don't have a test site, I'll need to continue the investigation on your main site. For this, I would like to ask for your permission to temporarily activate and deactivate plugins and themes on your site. I will ensure everything is reactivated once the tests are completed.

Additionally, I may need to create a copy of your site to conduct tests locally. Please let me know if you're comfortable with this approach.

Looking forward to your response and I'll do my best to help you in this matter.

Best regards,
Prosenjit

May 2, 2024 at 5:04 am #15585413

yuanL-2

Hi, yes you can create a copy of my site on your server. please solve it ASAP.

May 3, 2024 at 2:27 pm #15591747

Marcel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

my name is Marcel and I will take over your ticket as my colleague Prosenjit is unavailable today. I created the copy with the already installed "WP All in One Migration" plugin, and I'm currently deploying the site on a test server, as there were some issues on localhost.

I will let you know once I find something.

Best Regards
Marcel

May 3, 2024 at 3:26 pm #15591937

Marcel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

it seems the translation was initially created only for English here: hidden link. This means there is a translation done from the wrong source language, which is not connected to French. This is the permalink used: hidden link.

The English one connected to the French original uses the permalink "-2" (hidden link).

#1 Please delete this page (on the sidebar) hidden link and clear the basket.
#2 Delete hidden link via hidden link and clean the basket
#3 Start a new translation from the original French source at hidden link (via the "+").

Does it work then for you?

Best Regards
Marcel