Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Mateus Getulio 1 year, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Mateus Getulio.

Author Posts
May 2, 2022 at 1:54 pm #11133875

jackH-6

I am trying to translate the strings of the elementor header and footer.

I have followed 'Translate texts in admin screens »' and added 257 footer ID for example, but still no success.

May 2, 2022 at 1:58 pm #11133885

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi, thanks for contacting us.

You can't translate Elementor template via String Translation. Please follow our documenation https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/elementor/#translate-elementor-templates

I'd also recommend you increase your WP Memory Limit
Add this snippet to your wp-config.php file

/* Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');

just above the line

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */
May 2, 2022 at 2:20 pm #11134045

jackH-6

Hi Laura,

Thank you for your quick reply.

Could you suggest me another solution as I have followed the above solution and I translated automatically but the languages are still not showing.

For example thatdesignerwholesale.com/es/ still shows English footer.

Screenshot 2022-05-02 at 17.20.18.png
May 3, 2022 at 2:40 pm #11141553

Mateus Getulio
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hey there,

Thanks for your contact.

We've just launched new versions for the core plugin and its addons. Could you please try to update them and check if the issue remains?

Just to be safe, please make a backup of the site files and database before doing the following procedure:

- Inside your wp-admin please go to Plugins -> Add New
- Then click on the "Commercial" tab and click on the "Check for updates" button in the WPML section
- After that please select every red plugin available in the list and then click on "Download" at the bottom of the grid

Alternatively, if you are not able to update the plugins on the backend, you can download the latest versions here: https://wpml.org/account/downloads/, and then upload it on Plugins -> Add New. After updating the plugins, please check if the issue persists.

If the problem remains, we might be facing an interaction issue with a third-party functionality, in this case:

- Deactivate all the plugins that are not related to WPML
- Switch for a moment to a WordPress default theme like Twenty Twenty-one
- If the issue is gone, activate one by one to see with which one there is an interaction issue

Could you please tell me the results of this investigation? We're looking forward to your reply. Thanks!

Regards,
Mateus.

May 4, 2022 at 10:57 am #11150331

jackH-6

Hi everyone,

I performed an update. Issue still persists.

Thank you.

May 4, 2022 at 11:04 am #11150339

jackH-6

JupiterX theme I am using has the option to enable different customisers for different languages. However, I am not sure this is the best practice. I want only 1 'Customizer' for all languages.

from JupiterX's website

'Note: By default, Customizer settings are applied to all languages. If you want to change settings for some language, go to Appearance > Customize, select the language in the top panel and configure the options in Customizer for that language.'

May 4, 2022 at 11:40 am #11150581

jackH-6

I can do it via multiple customizers, but I feel like it will slow down the website as multiple customizers are created. Image showing multiple customizers.

wpml.png
May 4, 2022 at 8:33 pm #11154459

Mateus Getulio
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hey there,

Thanks for your reply.

We had a chat a few hours ago about an issue with the JupiterX theme, and it might be related. Have you contacted their support and asked for help? Please let us know about your results.

Moreover, you're right, the header and footer translations should be done through the Multilingual Customizer module, according to our documentation, please check it: https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/build-multilingual-websites-jupiter-x-theme-wpml/#setting-customization-options-different-langauges

If still not solved, we can test the solutions proposed here:

- Footer: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/jupiter-x-theme-header-section-is-not-translating/#post-7210823

- Header: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/jupiter-x-theme-header-section-is-not-translating/#post-7219689

Just make sure to have a complete website and database backup before testing these workarounds.

If nothing of this helps, I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.
- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this: hidden link

Please, let me know if you need any additional details. Have a nice day.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.