Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.69 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Alejandro 1 year, 11 months ago.

Author Posts
May 31, 2022 at 8:21 am #11350537

nikoH-2

Why I'm seeing this alert?

"Warning: You are trying to edit a translation that is currently in the process of being added using WPML.

Please refer to the Translation Management dashboard for the exact status of this translation."

I don't want to use any translation management dashboard / option / wpml thing anywhere on this site ever. I just want normal editing in WordPress for all languages and translations. Why is this warning showing? "WPML Translation Editor" is toggled off.

Screenshot 2022-05-31 at 11.19.36.png
May 31, 2022 at 8:23 am #11350565

nikoH-2

And would like to add a question why does main translation show this option "Minor edit - don't update translation". I don't want the translations to be anyhow linked together.

May 31, 2022 at 11:11 am #11352401

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hello!

It seems you want to use the manual translation and you can check this guide on how to achieve it: https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/using-different-translation-editors-for-different-pages/

The "minor edit" feature will still be there even with the manual translation but it will not really do anything but not alerting you through the status icons on the languages if there's an update to do or not, so you can ignore it at this point.

About the other notification: "Warning: You are trying to edit a translation that is currently in the process of being added using WPML", if the status of the language shows a gear icon, then please go to WPML > Translation Management > Jobs. search the job and cancel it and then disable the translation editor as shown in the link i'm sending above and you'll be good to go!

Regards.

The topic ‘[Closed] Warning: You are trying to edit a translation that is currently in the process’ is closed to new replies.