Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client is experiencing issues with the Advanced Translation Editor (ATE) separating sentences incorrectly, particularly when a dot follows a year mark, making it difficult to translate content as a coherent sentence.
Solution:
We recommend joining the segments in ATE to improve the translation process. This can be done by following the steps outlined in our documentation on joining sentences. Please note that after joining segments, they will need to be translated again. This is because ATE saves translations per segment in the Translation Memory, and joining segments helps the automatic translation to work better, especially if a sentence is split into too many segments, which can affect grammar and meaning.

If this solution does not apply to your case, or if it seems outdated, we encourage you to open a new support ticket. We also highly recommend checking the related known issues, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. For further assistance, please visit our support forum.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 3.66 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Kor 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Kor.

Author Posts
February 9, 2024 at 6:04 pm #15287232

Martynas.V

I will wait for you response on how to fix the issue.

In the meantime I just noticed that ATE is separating sentence because it finds dot after a year mark. hidden link - on the left I marked that all the fields are one sentence. It is impossible to make a translation like this. Is it possible to translate by paragraph elements at least?

February 9, 2024 at 6:07 pm #15287235

Kor
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Singapore (GMT+08:00)

Thanks for your reply.

I've split the ticket so that we can follow up accordingly.

Regarding the ATE separating the sentences. This is expected as the Advanced Translation Editor saved the translations per segment inside Translation Memory.

You can join the segments using the method here https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/advanced-translation-editor/#joining-sentences . However, once segments are joined, they will need to be translated again.

The sense of joining segments is to make automatic translation work better in case a sentence has too many segments and the automatic translation does not work as expected in terms of grammar or sense.

February 10, 2024 at 12:30 pm #15288437

Martynas.V

Thank you.

Martynas.V confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-02-10 12:30:48.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.