Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client was trying to fix the layout of translated pages to match the English layouts and was unsure if the issue would persist when adding new pages. They also needed assistance with the Spanish page layout.

Solution:
We assisted the client by correcting options that were not being saved on the translated page. We asked the client to check if the issue was resolved. For the Spanish page, we provided a specific solution by sharing a video tutorial (https://screenpal.com/watch/cZVfIgVHpzi) that demonstrated the steps we took to fix the layout.

If this solution doesn't look relevant or if you encounter further issues, please don't hesitate to open a new support ticket by visiting our support forum.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on this forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 15 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by jasonS-8 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Kor.

Author Posts
December 29, 2023 at 1:51 am #15135898

jasonS-8

Tell us what you are trying to do? Fix the other languages layout to match English layouts.

Is there any documentation that you are following?

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?

hidden link

I can send you user/pass if you can help.

thank you!

December 29, 2023 at 10:03 am #15136247

Kor
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Singapore (GMT+08:00)

Hi there,

Thanks for contacting WPML support. I can see the issue here hidden link .

I will need to closely examine your website. Therefore, I will require temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to a test site where the problem has been replicated, if possible. This will enable me to provide better assistance and determine if any configurations need to be modified.

Please note that it is important to have a backup for security purposes and to prevent any potential data loss. You can use the UpdraftPlus plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/updraftplus/) to fulfill your backup requirements.

Your upcoming reply will be treated with confidentiality and will only be visible to you and me.

✙ To resolve the issue, I may need your consent to deactivate and reactivate plugins and the theme, as well as make configuration changes on the site if necessary. This emphasizes the significance of having a backup.

Also, I noticed that your “WP Memory Limit” PHP limit is below the required 128MB or recommended 256MB as described at: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/ . Could you please contact your hosting provider and ask them to increase this PHP value for yousc and also, ask them to update the MySQL version to 5.6+?

December 31, 2023 at 6:09 pm #15138993

Kor
Supporter

Thanks for your reply.

I can see some options not being saved on your translated page and I've corrected it for you. Could you please check now?

December 31, 2023 at 10:34 pm #15139066

jasonS-8

Thanks, I am checking now. Very much appreciated! Happy New Year =)

January 1, 2024 at 4:00 am #15139105

jasonS-8

Thank you soooo much for the help! You saved me!

PS HAPPY NEW YEAR !

January 1, 2024 at 5:36 am #15139148

jasonS-8

I realized that I need to edit all the French text and look first. I tested and it seems I cant create french pages and then update english and spanish. I can only edit the english and then it updates french and spanish.

I will erase the english and spanish and build up the french as primary.

I may need your help again to fix the layouts on the other pages.

Sorry for the inconvenience. This is much more work than i thought. I was hoping I could work in either and then translate the text and look to other but I now understand the system.

This will take me a few days so will let you know once i am done.

I really appreciate all your help!

January 1, 2024 at 12:36 pm #15139454

Kor
Supporter

Thanks for your reply.

Alright then, please let me know how it goes.

January 4, 2024 at 4:04 am #15149064

jasonS-8

Seems to be working for now. Thank you again!

January 4, 2024 at 7:55 am #15149419

jasonS-8

Hi, the same thing happened and i cant seem to fix. Also I noticed that some of the spanish is not generating the page properly and not translating. could you help please? I have to present soon and cant figure out how to get all pages properly translated into the english and spanish.

French is the good pages. I need to make sure the french is translated into english and french.

THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!

January 4, 2024 at 7:56 am #15149421

jasonS-8

I have made a backup of the site and kept the same login that you used.

Thanks again,

Jason

January 4, 2024 at 1:41 pm #15150803

Kor
Supporter

Thanks for your reply.

May I know which Spanish page are you referring to? When I inspected the Spanish homepage hidden link , this is what I've done to fix it hidden link .

Let me know if this helps.

January 4, 2024 at 7:38 pm #15152848

jasonS-8

I translated the menus, and they are not showing up in en and sp.
If you can help, please.

please see:
en : hidden link
sp : hidden link

Here are some of the pages not working... there are english mostly but spanish also...

hidden link
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link

January 4, 2024 at 8:39 pm #15152959

jasonS-8

Can you please help me make the site look the same on FRENCH, english and spanish. I cant seem to figure out what is going on with the translations.

Thank you very very much!!!

Jason

January 4, 2024 at 10:11 pm #15153077

jasonS-8

I think I fixed the english pages. But for some reason the menu isnt showing up on english. I synchronized the menus but didn't correct them.

January 5, 2024 at 1:27 am #15153136

jasonS-8

Ok I think I got all pages look fixed. Could you just check if all is OK please.

Main thing is the menu accross the 3 languages and trying to make the top menu EN FR SP goto respected page when you click on one.... eg if on CONTACT it will goto contact FR, or contact SP. not just home page.

jasonS-8 confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-01-05 03:16:28.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.