Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
In each translation there is a field called "field-_elementor_data" inside "Custom Fields" and I don't know how to delete it.

Solution:
Please try the following steps to remove the custom field from the translation editor:

1. Go to WPML > Settings > Custom Fields Translation
2. Click the "Show System Fields" link
3. Search for the field
4. Set it to "Copy Once" and save the changes

This will be applied to all the new translations. For the existing translations, please try the following steps to apply the above changes:

1. Edit the original page/post
2. Make a small change and update the page
3. Update the translation

Relevant Documentation:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-custom-fields/#indicating-which-custom-fields-to-translate

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by vayawebs 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Mohamed Sayed.

Author Posts
May 29, 2023 at 8:31 am #13729735

vayawebs

Also, in each translation there is a field called "field-_elementor_data" inside "Custom Fields" and I don't know how to delete it.

May 29, 2023 at 8:56 am #13729997

Mohamed Sayed

Hi,

Please try the following steps to remove the custom field from the translation editor:

1. Go to WPML > Settings > Custom Fields Translation
2. Click the "Show System Fields" link hidden link
3. Search for the field hidden link
4. Set it to "Copy Once" and save the changes

This will be applied to all the new translations. For the existing translations, please try the following steps to apply the above changes:

1. Edit the original page/post
2. Make a small change and update the page
3. Update the translation

More info: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-custom-fields/#indicating-which-custom-fields-to-translate

Let me know please if that helps.

Regards,
Mohamed

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.