Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client is trying to translate the SEO page title and description set by Yoast SEO.
Solution:
We have created a video tutorial to help you find and translate the SEO metadata for product taxonomies (categories). You can watch the video here:

Additionally, if you need to increase the WP memory limit, please follow the steps in our documentation:

If this solution doesn't look relevant to your issue, please open a new support ticket in our support forum.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Ilyes 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Ilyes.

Author Posts
November 22, 2023 at 2:04 pm #14898825

autumnW

Tell us what you are trying to do?

Im trying to translate the seo page title and desctiption set by yoast seo

What is the link to your site?

hidden link

Screenshot 2023-11-22 at 14.58.59.png
November 23, 2023 at 9:43 pm #14912253

Ilyes
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Pacific/Easter (GMT-06:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML support team,

We actually have a whole documentation on how to translate your Yoast SEO data : https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/using-wordpress-seo-with-wpml/#translate-global-seo-texts

To be specifically more clear, you can follow this part to translate your SEO Title and description : https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/using-wordpress-seo-with-wpml/#translate-page-seo-attributes

Best,

November 24, 2023 at 7:41 am #14913613

autumnW

Hello Ilyes,

Thank you for your reply, i have tried using the guide linked above but was unable to get the issues resolved. The strings for the product category Yoast data does not appear in wpml.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Daniel

November 24, 2023 at 8:26 pm #14920759

Ilyes
Supporter

Hello,

There could be some configuration to change, please follow the steps below:

- Go to "WordPress Dashboard > WPML > Settings > Custom Fields Translation".
- Click the "Show Hidden Fields" link.
- Search for the Yoast title and set it to "Translate".
- Search for the Yoast description and set it to "Translate"

---

If that did not help, I would like to ask for temporary access to your test site’s wp-admin and FTP to investigate the issue further.

If necessary, I may need to replicate your site locally. To do this, I will temporarily install a plugin called “Duplicator” on your site, which will enable me to create a copy of your site and its content. Once the problem has been resolved, I will delete the local site. Please let me know if you agree to this.

It is important to note that you should back up your site and database before proceeding, and you can use a plugin like Duplicator for this purpose. Here’s a link to the plugin: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

If you do not see the form below, please do not enter your credentials as they will be publicly exposed:

hidden link

For your privacy and security, please ensure that you make your reply a private one.

Best regards,

November 29, 2023 at 8:46 am #14947281

autumnW

Hello,

I tried the recommended links but unfortunately im still facing issues, No form has been generated allowing me to add admin credentials. Please advise on how to proceed

November 30, 2023 at 6:22 pm #14966187

Ilyes
Supporter

I have opened a new form for you, you will find it below.

December 1, 2023 at 10:46 pm #14976373

Ilyes
Supporter

Hello,

I'm not sure if I understood the issue correctly, as yoast title and description are both translatable by WPML, here is an example on your home page :

1- I can translate from translation editor : hidden link
2- Here is the result in French : hidden link

If that's not the case for you, could you link me to where I could see the issue? a step-by-step guide is appreciated 🙂 You could also send me screenshots if that helps,

Best,

December 4, 2023 at 8:36 am #14983135

autumnW

Hi Ilyes, im unable to see the screen shots you attached, But if you navigate to Products > Categories > click Gaming > scroll down to see yoast data.

Im unable to finsd where to translate this as it doesnt show in the Woocommerce multilingual plugin by WPML or string translation area.

Hopefully this explain a bit better what im trying to do, Thanks for your support so far

- Daniel

December 5, 2023 at 11:07 pm #15003067

Ilyes
Supporter

Hey Daniel,

I apologize for the confusion, I thought this was in relation to product SEO meta data, but it turns out to be related to product taxonomies (categories).

I have made a small video to show you how to find and translate these strings : hidden link

And to increase the WP memory limit, please follow this documentation to learn how to :

https://wpml.org/faq/checklist-before-opening-a-ticket-in-wpml-support/#how-to-increase-your-sites-memory-limit

Best,

December 11, 2023 at 8:26 am #15033629

autumnW

Thank you Ilyes, that sorted the issue for me

autumnW confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2023-12-11 08:26:24.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.