Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

To import variable products in multiple languages with WP All Import and WPML, you need to add a Unique Identifier column to your CSV files. This ID number allows WPML to link the product translations to the default language products.

Then, you need to import taxonomies, including variation attributes, before moving on to importing the variable products.

To learn more, see the page about importing variable products in multiple languages.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 7.91 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 17 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas 1 year, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Andreas.

Author Posts
October 24, 2022 at 1:43 pm #12300933

matthiasM-26

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I want to import variable products and the translation of them

Is there any documentation that you are following?
yes, I was following the video of WPallImport and used sample import file, but no success. The imported product translations are not connected to the original produts I imported before in main lang.
The main language import is working. The variable product is created correctly. I am only facing now massive problems with connecting the translation to the product by importing again.

Is there a similar example that we can see?
hidden link

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

October 24, 2022 at 2:14 pm #12301315

Andreas

Hello there

Thank you for contacting us. I am happy to help you.

You wrote the you followed the guide. You mean you followed that guide :

https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/wpml-all-import-plugin-website-import-with-wpml/

If yes you read carefully this part :

Because WP All Import relies on the unique identifier to connect translated posts with their corresponding default language post, you cannot upload the secondary language file to add translations to pre-existing default language content. If you do this, WP All Import will not know which posts the translations belong to.

If also yes, I am always suggesting to customers this :

1) Create a very simple CSV file with one product with only Title , Description and Price and its translation
2) Import and see if everything is ok that you are doing something wrong.

I am suggesting this because usually there is something wrong in files or in the import template and this is causing the issue for you.

Please check one more time with my suggestion and share the results if it is not working for you.

Regards,
Andreas

October 24, 2022 at 2:21 pm #12301435

matthiasM-26

Yes, I already followed that guide you mentioned. Especially this I did too: hidden link

1) this point I already tried. I started with the sample basic file, but not working.

You can check the imports. I can't find the issue. I am really desperated.

October 24, 2022 at 2:57 pm #12301597

Andreas

No need to be desperate, we are here to help you.

Just to be 1000% sure, can you please share the test file you are mentioning?

Also, I would like to ask you to create a screencast, showing me what you are doing in order to find the error move and fix it.

Looking forward for your reply

Regards,
Andreas

October 25, 2022 at 7:11 am #12304787

matthiasM-26

This is the test CSV in main language (german):
Product Title;SKU;Parent SKU;Price;Color;Description;Crown Size
Soflyy T-Shirt DE;999X;;;;This shirt is awesome.;
Soflyy T-Shirt (blue) DE;999B;999X;15;blue;;750ml
Soflyy T-Shirt (red) DE;999C;999X;15;red;;250ml
Soflyy Mug DE;777X;;;;This mug is awesome.;
Soflyy Mug DE;777O;777X;9;orange;;750ml
Soflyy Mug DE;777Y;777X;9;yellow;;250ml

October 25, 2022 at 7:12 am #12304789

matthiasM-26

This is the CSV in second language (english):
Product Title;SKU;Parent SKU;Price;Color;Description;Crown Size
Soflyy T-Shirt EN;999X;;;;This shirt is awesome.;
Soflyy T-Shirt (blue) EN;999B;999X;15;blue;;750ml
Soflyy T-Shirt (red) EN;999C;999X;15;red;;250ml
Soflyy Mug EN;777X;;;;This mug is awesome.;
Soflyy Mug EN;777O;777X;9;orange;;750ml
Soflyy Mug EN;777Y;777X;9;yellow;;250ml

October 25, 2022 at 8:08 am #12305145

Andreas

Thank you for the CSV data, now I need the screencast as I asked you in a previous message to see what exactly you are doing.

Please have in mind that if you have saved a template, it will not help me understand what you are doing.

Please start from scratch with a new import.

Also, one more important thing that I mentioned in a previous message.

It is good to start with simple products and then go to variable products. You will better understand how things are working and it will be easier for you to make it work in variations.

Last but not least, in your CSV files, I cannot see which column is the unique identifier that WPML needs to be able to add the translation.

Regards,
Andreas

October 25, 2022 at 8:51 am #12305623

matthiasM-26

I resolved the issue now, by simply adding an Identifier Column. Now the the products are connected, in other words: the english products are now the translation of the German products. Great!
The only remaining problem is the attributes to select (variations) are not shown at all on the translated English product. Means the German Product has variation drop down values, the English translation of this product not. Strange. Because I translated after import 1 (of main lang German) all taxonomies by hand (in order I have the identic values from the import 2 in it) and then I imported the file 2 as translations. But no luck, attributes/variations are shown only on main language not on translation.

The import CSV is now looking like this:
Product Title SKU Parent SKU Price Color Description Crown Size UIdentifier
Soflyy T-Shirt DE 999X This shirt is awesome. 1
Soflyy T-Shirt (blau) DE 999B 999X 15 blue 750ml 2
Soflyy T-Shirt (rot) DE 999C 999X 15 red 250ml 3
Soflyy Mug DE 777X This mug is awesome. 4
Soflyy Mug DE 777O 777X 9 orange 750ml 5
Soflyy Mug DE 777Y 777X 9 yellow 250ml 6

October 25, 2022 at 10:01 am #12306067

matthiasM-26

I think I found a bug on WPML.
I imported all the correct way. But still the engilsh translation (second language) of the product did not show the variation attributes, even though the product translation was connected right and set up right.

When I am on the product URL of the main lang and switch to English (second language) then it shows the product in english but the variation attributes are missing.

Troubleshooting: I went to the main language product and checked again. I checked taxonomy translations... all correct.

Solution: And then I went again to the product attributes on main language and simply saved again. That was it. After that the translation of product is showing the variation attributes, as you can see here:
hidden link

Simply to rebuild. Please let me give you access to the website and you can check by yourself.

Something like updating the product is missing. It did not update by itself, but needed that I updated manually by clicking the button "Eigenschaften speichern" (save attributes) inside the product on main language. hidden link
After that the second language is showing the variations attributes.

October 25, 2022 at 1:25 pm #12307763

Andreas

Thank you very much for your reply.

We are running almost every day tests with such kinds of scenarios and I tried also to reproduce the issue but I cannot.

Since we cannot cover all the server configurations or plugins/themes combinations that might exist ( which can cause glitches in the import process ) , we are having some bulk functionalities in WooCommerce Multilingual > Status Tab > Troubleshooting page.

You can try and see if it can help you update all products in bulk. If it is not helping I can take a look and ensure that we have anything wrong from your side.

Always take a backup before each action.

Regards,
Andreas

October 26, 2022 at 7:30 am #12312375

matthiasM-26

Hello, there is no Troubleshooting page: hidden link

How can I bulk update all products?

October 26, 2022 at 9:26 am #12313469

Andreas

The image you attached is corrupted.

What do you mean there is no troubleshooting page ?

Regards,
Andreas

October 26, 2022 at 11:27 am #12314781

matthiasM-26

I can not find the point: WooCommerce Multilingual > Status Tab > Troubleshooting page

This is the point WooCommerce Multilingual > Status Tab:
hidden link

Further you write:" You can try and see if it can help you update all products in bulk. If it is not helping I can take a look and ensure that we have anything wrong from your side."

Update all products in bulk - how can I do that?

October 26, 2022 at 11:48 am #12315007

Andreas

Thank you

In order to update all products in bulk you need to run the functions fist.

In the image you send me, there is a line on the bottom left. It is not saying troubleshooting because the language is not ENG.

Click it and you will find all functions there.

Please take a backup first

Regards,
Andreas

October 27, 2022 at 10:13 am #12323277

matthiasM-26

Hello,

problem still exists. Imported 3 new products. For example: hidden link

Then I ran the Troubleshooting update thing you mentioned. Still results like you see above on the link when you swtich lang to english.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.