Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

Divi body content is not showing in the Translation Editor.

Solution:

By adding a small change, like adding a dot, to the original language page and then updating it, and then going to the Translation Editor, I could fix this issue.

Relevant Documentation:

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.60 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 3 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Itamar.

Author Posts
June 15, 2020 at 3:01 pm #6375187

harveyB

Hi WPML I am unable to have the body content to show in WPML for translate. Please help

Schermafbeelding 2020-06-15 om 17.00.23.png
June 16, 2020 at 6:21 pm #6386439

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

Can you please confirm that you are following our instructions at the following link on how to work with WPML and the Divi theme?
https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/divi-builder/

Also, I can see that you are using a child theme for Divi.
Can you please confirm that the parent Divi theme is updated to its latest version.

Thanks,
Itamar.

June 17, 2020 at 8:28 am #6391249

harveyB

Hi Itamar,

I have installed many sites with wpml. Never had issues like this before.

Eevrything is up to date. Cache cleaned.

I need help. Also doesn't the chat work anymore?

June 18, 2020 at 8:45 am #6401099

Itamar
Supporter

Hi and thanks for the extra details.

If you need further help with this, please share the access details to your site with me.
I'm enabling a private message for the next reply.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- - Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access. --

P.S. The chat does work. It is working according to availability of the supporters.
Thanks,
Itamar.

June 19, 2020 at 6:19 pm #6414325

harveyB

When can I expect some assistance? Thanks

Harvey

June 22, 2020 at 10:22 am #6425021

Itamar
Supporter

Hi, Harvey.

I'm checking things on your site now and reply soon.

June 22, 2020 at 10:56 am #6425351

Itamar
Supporter

Hi and thanks for the access details.

I've checked things on your sire and now it is possible to translate the page and all the strings from Divi elements are showing in WPML's Translation Editor. I can see it if Translate from the default language to English, French, and Dutch(BE). Please see the attached screenshot. To be able to translate to Dutch (BE) I needed to remove myself as a translator from WPML -> Translation Management -> Translation Roles (tab), and then add myself again as a translator that can translate from and to all the languages. Please see the attached screenshot.

Can you please confirm that it is OK now?

Thanks,
Itamar.

2020-06-22_13-49-20.jpg
2020-06-22_13-49-51.jpg
June 22, 2020 at 2:55 pm #6427467

harveyB

Was this the issue? Not adding the roles? Really. But we selected all the roles for translation.

June 22, 2020 at 3:59 pm #6428011

Itamar
Supporter

Actually I'm not sure whether it was this or just updating the page. I would bet on the second option.

June 23, 2020 at 3:34 pm #6436439

harveyB

Thanks very strange as you see we have added our self, most of the pages we where able to do but not hidden link and hidden link

June 24, 2020 at 2:48 pm #6445783

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

By adding a small change, like adding a dot, to the Dutch original page and then updating it and then going to the Translation Editor I could fix this issue also on the Contact and the Credits pages. You just need to finish the translation into English now.

Regards,
Itamar.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.