Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client is trying to translate checkout fields using the Checkout Field Editor for WooCommerce but faces an issue where only shipping fields are translated, while billing fields remain in the original language.
Solution:
The Checkout Field Editor for WooCommerce Pro version is compatible with WPML, so installing it fixed the issue.

If this solution does not resolve your issue or seems outdated, please check related known issues at https://wpml.org/known-issues/, verify the version of the permanent fix, and confirm that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. We highly recommend opening a new support ticket if the problem persists. For further assistance, you can also visit our support forum at WPML Support Forum.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Osama Mersal 2 days, 19 hours ago.

Assisted by: Osama Mersal.

Author Posts
June 27, 2024 at 8:45 am #15841915

ricardoM-22

Background of the issue:
I am trying to translate checkout fields using Checkout Editor. I have seen documentation about solving issues with checkout fields translation. I have refreshed the fields, I have gone to string translation and translated them. Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

Symptoms:
Only different shipping fields show translated, billing fields are in the original language.

Questions:
Why are only the shipping fields translated and not the billing fields?
Is there a specific step I am missing in the translation process for billing fields?

June 27, 2024 at 10:06 am #15842803

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+03:00)

Hi,

Thanks for contacting WPML forums support. I'll be glad to help you today.

Would you please try the following steps:

1- Go to WPML-> Theme and plugins localization, select your theme/plugin, and scan
2- Go to WPML-> String Translation
3- Scroll down and click on the "Translate texts in admin screens »" link
4- Search for the needed strings
5- Select the strings
6- Click on the "Add to String Translation" button
7- Then click on the "« Return to String Translation" link
8- Translate the strings, clear the cache, and check the front end

Kindly check our guide to know more about translating texts in the admin texts screen. (https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/finding-strings-that-dont-appear-on-the-string-translation-page/)

If the steps didn't help, I would need to look closely at your site, so I would need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP)
Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated.

Your answer will be private, meaning only you and I can access it.

❌ Please backup your database and website ❌

✙ I need your permission to deactivate and reactivate the plugins and themes and change site configurations. This is also why the backup is critical.

✙ I also need your permission to take a local copy of your site to debug the issue without affecting your live site.

Best regards,
Osama

June 27, 2024 at 1:45 pm #15844531

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+03:00)

Hi,

Thanks for the access details. I checked the issue and tried some workarounds with no luck.

Please log in to this sandbox site and upload the "Checkout Field Editor for WooCommerce" plugin. (hidden link)

After that, please create some test fields and translate them to replicate the issue. If the issue is replicable, please let me know to consult our compatibility team.

Also, please contact the "Checkout Field Editor for WooCommerce" plugin's support team and check if the free version is compatible with WPML because they said the Pro version provides WPML compatibility. (hidden link)

Best regards,
Osama

June 27, 2024 at 3:04 pm #15845152

ricardoM-22

Thank you.
I installed the pro version of the plugin and it solved the issue.

ricardoM-22 confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-06-27 15:04:41.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.