Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client is unable to synchronize product counts across different languages in WooCommerce. Despite all translations being marked as 100% complete, the product counts in categories are different between the default language (Bulgarian) and the second language (English), with some products missing in the translation.

Solution:
First, we recommend checking if the products within the problematic category, such as "Residential air-conditioners", are published in the English version. Look for a "Draft" tag next to any product that is not showing up in the category.

If all products are published but the count is still incorrect, follow these steps:
1. Navigate to "WooCommerce > WooCommerce Multilingual > Categories" tab.
2. Click on "Synchronize Product categories assignment in content".
3. Go to "Status > troubleshooting" from WooCommerce Multilingual.
4. Select "Update product count" and "Sync products categories", then click on "Start".

Additionally, ensure that under the "When you publish the original post" section in WPML settings, the 'Publish the post translations' option is selected. If the issue persists due to translation review settings, consider reviewing the translated contents or disabling the option following this guide: How to review automatic translations on your site.

To manually publish the translated products:
1. Go to Products > All Products from the site's default language.
2. Select the products that are not published in the translated language.
3. From the dropdown menu, choose 'Edit'.
4. Change the status to "Publish".
5. Click on the 'Update' button.

If the solution provided here is not relevant to your case, either because it's outdated or not applicable, we highly recommend checking related known issues at https://wpml.org/known-issues/, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. If you still need assistance, please open a new support ticket with us.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Prosenjit Barman 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Prosenjit Barman.

Author Posts
February 22, 2024 at 8:54 am #15331897

BGR Group

Tell us what you are trying to do?

Can't synchronyse porducts count on all languages. In Woocommerce Multilanguage panel - all translation are marked us 100% comlete. I followed instructions in other thickets like this and tryed to fix problem with steps like:

- You can try running the following cleanup tools (make a backup of your site before hand) Woocommerce > Status > Tools > Term counts > Recount terms
- If they are not, then please run the additional cleanup tools: WPML > Support > Troubleshooting > Cleanup > Fix terms count
- And WPML > Support > troubleshooting > Synchronise post taxonomyeslation

No result.
Categories in default language /Bulgarian/and Second language /English/ showes diferent nubur of products, some of them mising in translation.

What is the link to your site?
default language Shop page - hidden link
translated Shop page - hidden link

Numbers and products are diferent. Take a look at attachments - green circle is what I expect to see, the red one showes difference.

Hope You will help me to find what I'm doping wrong or missing.
Thank You in advice.

wpml-wrong-categories-count-missing-translated-products.jpg
wpml-wrong-categories-count.jpg
February 23, 2024 at 8:43 am #15336476

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Dhaka (GMT+06:00)

Hello There,
Thanks for contacting WPML Support.

I understand the issue you're having and will try my best to assist you in this matter.

The difference in the product count within the English category and Bulgarian category might be due to the associated products in the English version not being published yet. Could you please check the products within the "Residential air-conditioners" category and ensure that they are Published? If they are not published, you'll see a "Draft" tag with each product. Specifically, check the products that are not showing in the "Residential air-conditioners" category.

If the English versions of all products have been published but the product count still appears incorrect, please try the following steps:

- Please go to "WooCommerce > WooCommerce Multilingual > Categories" tab
- Scroll down and click on the "Synchronize Product categories assignment in content"
- Once it is completed, please go to "Status > troubleshooting" from WooCommerce Multilingual
- Select the following options and click on "Start"
-- Update product count
-- Sync products categories

Please give it a try and let me know how it goes. I will be happy to help if you need further assistance in this matter.

Best regards,
Prosenjit

February 23, 2024 at 9:08 am #15336647

BGR Group

Hi Prosenjit,
and thank You for respond.

It was first suggestion - Misiing products are not published in English version.

But I'm confused why that is hapend?
In WPML Settings > Translated documents options > Publish the translated post when original is also published (default) is checked.

Why status is not sinchronised? Is there other option that I shoud check?

Do you have any idea why some product translation are publeshed like original and some like those missing are not published?

Regards,
BGR Group

February 26, 2024 at 5:17 am #15342132

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Dhaka (GMT+06:00)

Hi There,
I hope you're doing well. Sorry for the delay in responding due to the weekend.

Glad to hear that the suggestion helped to identify what causes the issue!

There might be a few factors at play causing the inconsistency in the publication status of your translated products. Given that you've already checked that the "Publish the translated post when the original is also published" option is enabled in WPML settings, please also ensure that under the "When you publish the original post" section, 'Publish the post translations' option is selected.

If the product was translated automatically, translation review settings may be activated, preventing the translated version from being published immediately. Please check the guide below to understand how you can review the translated contents or disable the option.

- https://wpml.org/documentation/automatic-translation/how-to-review-automatic-translations-on-your-site/

Now, to publish the translated products, you can do the following:

1- Go to Products > All Products from the default language of the site
2- Choose the products that have not yet been published in a different language translation.
3- From the dropdown menu, select edit
4- Change the status to "Publish"
5- Click on the Update button (Screenshot: hidden link)

In this way, the publishing status will be synced and hopefully, the problem will be solved after that.

Please feel free to let me know if you need further assistance in this matter. I will be happy to help.

Best regards,
Prosenjit

February 26, 2024 at 6:42 am #15342288

BGR Group

Thank You very much Prosenjit,
For now everything is fixed, becouse of Your support.

Wish You all the best.
Best Regards,
BGR Group

BGR Group confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-02-26 06:42:02.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.