Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: English translations was missing

Solution: After trying WPML troubleshooting, the issue has been fixed.

- Clear the cache in WPML
- Remove ghost entries from the translation tables
- Fix element_type collation
- Set language information
- Fix WPML tables collation
- Assign translation status to duplicated content
- Fix terms count
- Fix post type assignment
- Cleanup and optimize string tables

Relevant Documentation: https://wpml.org/faq/why-arent-my-translations-showing/

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 0.93 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 20 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Faisal Ahammad 1 year, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Faisal Ahammad.

Author Posts
January 21, 2023 at 11:18 pm #12864881

robertH-53

HI,
after loading a backup by FTP the English translation is completely missing.
Only in the widget areas the flags are still available, but not on the front end.
Also all translations of single pages are not available anymore.
I f I want to configure languages no languae is appearing.
I have already done the newest updates.

January 22, 2023 at 3:29 pm #12866953

Faisal Ahammad

Good morning, Robert!
We have an article about missing translations. Have you had a chance to read it yet? You can find it here: https://wpml.org/faq/why-arent-my-translations-showing/.

Please take a look and follow all the steps outlined in the article. Once you've done that, let me know how it went!

Best regards,
Faisal

January 22, 2023 at 9:17 pm #12867843

robertH-53

Hi Faisal,
Thanks a lot for your advice.
The issue is that all translated pages are missing, although we have saved the files by FTP in advance.
It seems that the translations are just not activated.
It is not possible to add the language again.
So the provided content of the link could not help.
I think we will have to ask the provider for the server backup of a day before the website crash took place.
Or can you provide additional advices for this issue?

Regards

Robert

January 23, 2023 at 9:21 am #12870417

Faisal Ahammad

Good morning, Robert. Please complete the restore process if you'd like to restore the site from the backup. If the issue persists, please let me know so I can further investigate to ensure nothing is missing.

I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Thank you,
Faisal

January 25, 2023 at 4:46 pm #12892293

robertH-53

Hi Faisal,
Unfortunately, the issue is still persisting.
It is not possible to edit languages, also no post, page, or product can be translated the translation links on the product and normal pages are not appearing.
If we want to choose languages there are only two rows of strange entries (see image).
Normally we would just reset WPML, but there are more than 1000 products and hundreds of string translations, especially for shipping, payments, and more.
So if at all possible, we'd appreciate any helpful advice.

wpml error.png
January 25, 2023 at 4:55 pm #12892333

Faisal Ahammad

Hi Robert,
Could you create a staging site and send me the login credentials so I could enable/disable plugins and witching themes for testing? I want to make sure your live site won't be affected when I'm troubleshooting.

Let me know if you could create it, or I could create it for you, and then you could transfer your website copy there.

Thank you

January 25, 2023 at 5:17 pm #12892531

robertH-53

Hi Faisal,
I am already creating the staging site, it should only take some moments I guess.

January 25, 2023 at 5:35 pm #12892729

robertH-53

How can I send the credentials to you without posting them here?

January 26, 2023 at 6:24 am #12894957

Faisal Ahammad

Hi,
If you need further help with this, please share the access details to your staging site with me. I’m enabling a private message for the following reply.

Privacy and Security Policy:
We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**
- Please backup the site files and database before providing us access.
- If you have a staging site where the problem can be reproduced, it is better to share access to the staging site.

Thank you

January 26, 2023 at 12:57 pm #12897481

Faisal Ahammad

Hello,
The language settings are now functioning properly on the staging site. Could you please reactivate all of your plugins (I have deactivated them there) and see if the issue persists? I am available to assist you if needed.

Thank you for your cooperation.

CleanShot 2023-01-26 at 18.54.43.jpg
January 26, 2023 at 1:29 pm #12897761

robertH-53

Hi Faisal,
seems there's a lot of progress (languages are back etc.), but also some issues left. Let me check. I will get back to you soon

January 26, 2023 at 2:00 pm #12897915

robertH-53

Hi Faisal,
Great, it works again properly, also the before-translated content seems to be restored.
How I can transfer the plugin back to the main side (away from the staged one) now?
Just by copying the /WPML folders by FTP?

January 26, 2023 at 2:41 pm #12898311

Faisal Ahammad

Hello Robert,

If you have not received any new orders or added/updated any content on the live site, you could move the entire staging site to the production environment. However, if you have already received orders or updated content on the live site, it would be best to make a backup of the live site before I begin troubleshooting. That way, if anything goes wrong, we can restore the backup.

I am available for another three hours today and will be back to work after the weekend (Sunday).

Thank you for your time.

Best regards,
Faisal

January 26, 2023 at 3:55 pm #12898913

robertH-53

Hi Faisal,
is there a possibility to migrate the changed files and entries to the live site manually?
The used plugin does not allow the re-migration without purchasing it for a lot of money.
Also, I do not trust those migration tools, in this case, Wp Staging

January 26, 2023 at 4:11 pm #12899147

Faisal Ahammad

Hi Robert,
The most efficient way to migrate your website would be to contact your hosting provider. They should be able to do it quickly and easily, without any extra cost or hassle.

Please let me know how it goes!

Thank you,
Faisal

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.