Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 14:00 9:00 – 14:00 9:00 – 14:00 9:00 – 14:00 9:00 – 14:00 -
- 19:00 – 22:00 19:00 – 22:00 19:00 – 22:00 19:00 – 22:00 19:00 – 22:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/Paris (GMT+02:00)

This topic contains 18 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Yvette 1 year, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Yvette.

Author Posts
August 22, 2022 at 12:02 pm

alexanderW-19

Hello, I have the problem that WPML All Import does not work properly. After importing the variable product variations set attribute which shall be used for variation dropdown is not set any more.

August 22, 2022 at 12:58 pm
August 22, 2022 at 1:41 pm #11905371

alexanderW-19

Hello again,

even after doing the steps mentioned in the chat, the problem still persists.

Guides used:
- https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/export-multilingual-websites-using-wp-all-export-wpml/
- https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/wpml-all-import-plugin-website-import-with-wpml/
- hidden link
- hidden link

"After importing the variable product variations set attribute which shall be used for variation dropdown is not set any more."

Here are the done STEPS to solve the issue:
1. Please try going to WPML > Support > troubleshooting and try to resynch taxonomies and see if it helps?

2. used the instructions
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/woocommerece-variable-products-variations-not-present-in-other-languages/#post-10996419

1- Go to WPML-> Support-> Troubleshooting
2- Run the troubleshooting functions one by one (Kindly check this hidden link)
3- Go to WooCommerce Multilingual-> Attribute tab
4- Select the size attribute, and click on the Synchronize button
5- If these steps didn't fix the issue, please go to WooCommerce Multilingual-> status tab
6- Go to Troubleshooting
7- Select all options except the last one, and click on the Start button
8- Clear your site's cache

BUT still not solved.
I'm looking forward to get his problem solved soon.

Best regards, Alex

hidden link

Screenshot 2022-08-22 at 14.06.00.png
August 24, 2022 at 7:29 am #11918125

alexanderW-19

Is there anyone available for me now?

August 24, 2022 at 2:24 pm #11923015

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Paris (GMT+02:00)

Hello

I've been assigned to your ticket.

Could you please review the userid/password for the wp-admin access. The ones provided earlier in the thread are not working.

I am opening the private area for this info.

August 24, 2022 at 5:58 pm
August 25, 2022 at 11:18 am #11928235

Yvette
Supporter

Could you please indicate a product which has this issue on your current staging site.

Thank you for the input files but what would be more helpful is a reduced test set with just 1 or 2 variable products.

We will import this test file into a sandbox site to test the whole process. Can you please make these files?

Finally, on your staging site, do I have your permission to install some database plugin tools to troubleshoot your staging site?

Thanks

August 27, 2022 at 3:56 pm #11941827

alexanderW-19

Hi Yvette,

thanks for the reply and sorry for the late response. I've been busy with other tasks. Now lets procceed.

The clone (staging) site is active to use for you also with current login details.
Only 1 or 2 files are not helpful in this case, as I have to update all the data within, but I you want, you can give it a try. I've dropped corresponding test files from your collegue used last time successfully too.
AND of course you are allowed to install what you need to proceed with the problem solving.

The main problems are:
1. if we begin with the EN language of 413 records then the ID will be overwritten and the corresponding variable entries are gone.

Screen video recording
hidden link

RESULT:
1. On all products within the variations the mapping of the specifications has not been set
2. Allmost all products are imported as new and then the ID's have been changed afer the importing process

Product: DIY Path Maker
hidden link

I hope this will help to explain the problem I have using WP All Import together in a multilingual approach.

Best regards, Alex

P.S. You can try by yourself with a shorter amount of product example file.
I've dropped those in the dropbox folder - EXAMPLE-Data (access as mentioned in private message)

August 30, 2022 at 7:21 am #11954559

Yvette
Supporter

The userid /account you provided is no longer valid due to 2FA setup.

Could you please activate it again - is it possible to turn off 2FA on the staging environment? Or perhaps send us a copy of your site instead?

https://wpml.org/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

August 30, 2022 at 10:35 am #11956157

alexanderW-19

Hello Yvette,

The access shall be now available again as saved in private message before.

Meanwhile, I've done a new database restorage and created also a new EN product import test with the ID 17. Settings for mapping made as ID's and then all data have been updated with corresponding ID's, BUT then the same issue ocur that the dropdown on the items does not match anymore.

I hope this helps to solve not mapping problem on variable products dropdown.
hidden link

Best regards, Alex

August 30, 2022 at 11:50 am #11957037

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

Thank you for the access and video.

Is it your intention to use custom product attributes in your products? I see that you have definied Global attributes but your English imports are defined with Custom attributes.

Thank you for the clarification.

I know we support the import of TAXONOMY (e.g. global attributes) but the import of the second language variations using CUSTOM attributes (e.g. custom fields) may not be supported. I would have to check on this.

Waiting for your clarification.

August 30, 2022 at 2:11 pm #11958353

alexanderW-19

Hello Yvette,

about - "I see that you have definied Global attributes but your English imports are defined with Custom attributes"

That is a good question, to be honest. I don't know. I've imported the product data using the yakkiyofy plugin (simular to aliScrper to import products from aliexpress).

This plugin is creating the attributes automtically. So I do not know about settings of "Custom" or "Global" attributes. Where in the settings excatly need this to be changes?

I formerly have also used the plugin WPML Custom Capabilities "Toolset Types" (currently not-activated - https://wpml.org/documentation/support/wpml-admin-capabilities/) but deprishiated, as this disturb the approach together with woocommerce payments when it is activated.

I hope this help to proceed with your investigation.

Best regards, Alex

August 30, 2022 at 2:31 pm #11958493

Yvette
Supporter

So you are not using the WP All Import product to import your products?

hidden link

With regards to your imports and the way custom attributes work, I believe you were looking to use taxonomies (global attributes) as these are defined in your taxonomy strucutre here: Woocommerce > Products > Attributes but there are almost no products that are using them (you can refer to the count)

The advantage of using taxonomies is that you only need to make changes to attributes in one place (e.g. name) but if you use custom attributes, you would have to make changes in ALL products that have the custom field. And with WPML/WCML, you can only access these translations via the Woocommerce > Woocommerce Multilingual > Products dashboard translation interface.

It is much more complicated than using Taxonomies.

I will end by pointing out the WPML All Import was designed to work with WP All Import to support the import of initial data in a 2nd language. It ususally requires an initial WP All Import import to work as expected.

August 31, 2022 at 7:32 am #11961789

alexanderW-19

Hello Yvette,

thanks for the reply and helpful info.

- About the initial Product import process
For the initial per product import in EN language, I use the plugin above stated. Then I create a copy and translate this into DE language for both language approach.

- About Product actualization
For further adjustments i.e. changing prices other product data I export the woocommerce data in EN and DE language and adjust those data to be re-imported.

- This is the plan for importing adjusted data:
As I am running the main site live and changing data first in clone site for testing. I use the adjusted woocommerce product data file from clone, rename the domain ( by search and replace "clone.2buy.xyz" to "www.2buy.xyz") and re-import those data.

- about Custom attributes and taxonomies
well now I am realy confused and cannot remember what the setup has been made on my approach. As well as the WPML Custom Capabilities "Toolset Types" plugin run my site into problems, I deactivated this plugin and do not like to proceed if it is not a must use for woocommerce data adjustments.

However, we need now to solve the issue and need to use the easiest & best matching option to proceed with proper and fast data adjustments. So please help me to find the corresponding solution to enable a proper data adjustement and transfer to both clone and main site.

Best regards, Alex

August 31, 2022 at 8:08 am #11962063

Yvette
Supporter

1. Initial import
You wrote: "For the initial per product import in EN language, I use the plugin above stated."
Questions:
1.1 Do you mean the plugin "yakkiyofy" ?
1.2 After importing and translating the products to DE. Is everything ok and working?

2. Product Updates/Adjustments

2.1. Which plugin do you use to export the existing products?
2.2 Which language do you export product in and make adjustments to them?
2.3. Which plugin do you use to import the adjusted product files?
2.4 When you import the adjusted products in the MAIN language, are your resulting adjusted products correct?

3. Custom vs Global attributes
I can see from your product definitions that you are importing and creating initial products with CUSTOM attributes.

This introduces a lot of work for you when updating products. As I said before, I am not sure we support variable products with custom attribute imports in 2nd languages.

The topic ‘[Closed] WPML All Import does not work properly’ is closed to new replies.