Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client was experiencing issues with automatic translation jobs being stuck and displaying "0%, less than 1 Minute remaining" for an extended period. Additionally, the client reported 404 errors on newly translated pages in the WooCommerce shop.

Solution:
For the automatic translation jobs that were stuck, we navigated to WPML > Support > Troubleshooting and clicked on the "Cancel In-progress Automatic Translation Jobs" button. This action cleared the stuck jobs, and we were able to resubmit a product for translation successfully.

Regarding the 404 errors, the issue was due to the "sd-wan-shop" slug being used both as the Category base of WooCommerce and as the Shop base in the "Permalink Manager for WooCommerce." To resolve this, we removed the slug from the Category base by going to Settings > Permalinks, which fixed the issue.

If the solution provided here does not apply to your case, or if it seems outdated, we highly recommend checking the related known issues, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. Should you continue to experience difficulties, please do not hesitate to open a new support ticket in our support forum.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 17 replies, has 5 voices.

Last updated by johannesF-4 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Prosenjit Barman.

Author Posts
February 8, 2024 at 2:17 pm #15281707

johannesF-4

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I added 3 new languages which I wanted to translate automatically.
It shows "0%, less than 1 Minute remaining." since more than 3 hours.
Also Startpage is not being translated into spanish

Is there any documentation that you are following?
no

Is there a similar example that we can see?
no

What is the link to your site?
hidden link
hidden link

Screenshot 2024-02-08 151532.png
February 8, 2024 at 4:58 pm #15282490

johannesF-4

Also I get 111 of http-404 errors in the new languages now, when we seo analyze the website.
E.g:
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link

February 8, 2024 at 7:43 pm #15283112

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

I do see various delivered jobs on our system that are not completed.

Could it be that you enabled inside the WPML settings that automatic translation will only get published after review?

Please revise WPML > Translation for available reviews.

You can also use the bulk option to apply reviews in bulk if you do not want to go threw all of them.

If this will not solve the issue, could you please send me a screenshot from WPML > Support > ATE Error Log?

Best regards
Andreas

February 9, 2024 at 7:02 am #15284130
aliK-22

I have the same problem. Can you help me?

New threads created by Alejandro and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/split-wpml-got-stuck-with-in-progress/

wpml footer.png
February 9, 2024 at 9:19 am #15284526

johannesF-4

Hi Andreas,

I attached a part of ATE Error Log (File size to large) and one of the settings (we wanted to publish immediately).

Another Screenshot shows the Status of the translations.

Thank you for taking care of it!

ATE Error Log_Part.jpg
Status.JPG
Settings.JPG
February 9, 2024 at 2:54 pm #15286634

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

The problem seems to be that some of the content you sent was not properly formatted. would you mind doing the following for 1 page and one language only?

- Go to WPML > Translation Management
- Go to WPML > Jobs
- Cancel all pending jobs
- Return to the "dashboard" tab in WPML > Translation Management
- Send to translation one page that is "stuck"
- check if you get a new error in the error log (you can check the date which is in GMT +0)

and let us know how it goes.

February 9, 2024 at 3:25 pm #15286719

johannesF-4

Hi Alejandro,

I can't find where to cancel all pending jobs, I just can pause it.

We're speaking of these page (please see screenshot), right?

THX in advance!

Übersetzungsmanagement.JPG
February 11, 2024 at 3:38 pm #15290184

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Dhaka (GMT+06:00)

Hello There,

I hope you're doing well. I have taken over this ticket and will try my best to assist you in this matter.

It seems the Automatic Translation is enabled on your site which is why, the "Jobs" section is not available in the Translation Management. To see that option-

- Please go to "WPML > Settings"
- Change the Translation mode from "Translate Everything Automatically" to "Translate What you Choose"

After changing the Translation mode, you can follow the suggestions shared by Alejandro to cancel the "in-progress" jobs.

Feel free to let me know if you need further assistance in this matter. I will be happy to help.

Best regards,
Prosenjit

February 13, 2024 at 1:58 pm #15297935

johannesF-4

Hi, we followed the above steps, but still have the issue that jobs are Pending and not finishing.

Screenshot 2024-02-13 145633.png
February 15, 2024 at 4:50 am #15304914

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Hello There,

Thank you for the update and for sharing the ATE Log. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this issue may have caused.

Reviewing the ATE Log, I noticed two separate errors: one originating from the Media Translation plugin and another indicating that the XLIFF file is incorrectly formatted. Could you please deactivate the Media Translation plugin and see if there is any improvement in the outcome? Here are the steps to follow:

- Start by turning off the WPML Media Translation add-on.
- Navigate to "WPML > Settings" and scroll to the "Page Builder Option" area.
- Uncheck the option for "Send to translation the content of raw HTML cells" and then save your adjustments.
- Cancel any in-progress translation jobs
- Open any page or post in the WordPress editor where you're having issue with translation, and make a minor change to the title.
- After saving the changes, proceed to update the translation.

I hope the steps above will help. If not, please let me know. I will be happy to take a closer look and try my best to assist you in solving the issue.

Looking forward to your update.

Best regards,
Prosenjit

February 15, 2024 at 6:21 pm #15308875

johannesF-4

Hi Prosenjit,
thanks for your reply.
The errors remain.
I again get stuck at 4 Jobs remaining.
I cancelled the 3, which I could select.
After this there was still one job "hanging" - which I could not see
I started the Translation of Teltonika RUTX10 a gain and had 4 Jobs hanging again.
Can I give you acess to the Website?

Screenshot 2024-02-15 191210.png
Screenshot 2024-02-15 191145.png
Screenshot 2024-02-15 191031.png
Screenshot 2024-02-15 190733.png
February 16, 2024 at 7:17 am #15310157

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Hi There,
Thank you for patiently trying out the suggestion.

As the issue persists, a closer inspection will be required to understand the root cause of the issue.

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. It would be better to have a testing site where the issue is replicated.

You will find the needed fields below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Maybe I'll need to replicate your site locally. For this, I’ll need to temporarily install a plugin called “Duplicator” or "All in One WP Migration" on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site. Let me know if this is ok with you.

IMPORTANT
-Please backup site files and database before providing us access.
-If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this:
hidden link

Looking forward to your response.

Best Regards,
Prosenjit

February 19, 2024 at 3:17 pm #15319317

johannesF-4

Hi,
we might have caused by a different module. Please let us doublecheck this first.
Then we will get back to you.
Kind regards
Johannes

February 20, 2024 at 6:39 am #15320648

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Hi Johannes,
Thank you for the update.

Feel free to carry out any necessary testing and update me with your findings. I've kept the private field active for your convenience. If you need further assistance, please share the access information to your site through the private fields. I'll be happy to help.

Best regards,
Prosenjit

February 22, 2024 at 4:21 am #15331025

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Hello There,
Thank you for sharing the access information.

I found the 3 jobs that were stuck in the Automatic translation process. To resolve this, I navigated to WPML > Support > Troubleshooting and clicked on the "Cancel In-progress Automatic Translation Jobs" button.

This action removed the previously stuck jobs from "WPML > Translation Management." Subsequently, I re-submitted the "Teltonika RUTX10 Router" product for translation, which has now been successfully translated into the other languages without any issues. Please check this screenshot(hidden link) for a better understanding.

I hope the issue with Automatic translation is solved now. Please feel free to let me know if you need further assistance in this matter. I will be happy to help.

Best regards,
Prosenjit

johannesF-4 confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-02-23 05:15:54.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.