Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
backend hanging or slow.

Solution:
Update to latest WPML versions.

Relevant Documentation:

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqas Bin Hasan 7 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Waqas Bin Hasan.

Author Posts
September 8, 2023 at 8:35 am #14364595

marcelI-3

I am trying to: Editing a translation page or translation post using Gutenberg blocks.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: When I try to add a new block (f.e. a button), the site is hanging (slow) and even after waiting 15 minutes, nothing works. I cannot even save a page. The whole backend is getting blocked through WPML String Translation plugin.

Instead, I got: Broken backend. When I deactivate the WPML String Translation plugin everything is working fine.

error.jpg
September 11, 2023 at 7:17 am #14373023

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting the support.

I'll advise to update to the latest versions of WPML and String Translation, mainly focused on performance issues vs WordPress 6.3.

You can either do this from Plugins -> Add New -> Commercial tab or can directly download from your https://wpml.org/account/downloads/ account.

IMPORTANT: Take full backup of your website and database beforehand. It is highly advised to try this on a staging/dev site first, so your live website isn't compromised.

Please let me know.

Regards.

September 11, 2023 at 3:12 pm #14377697

marcelI-3

Hi,

I wish I could! I've installed this recommended OTGS Installer on our staging site but it cannot be activated.

We're already using the lastest plugins I suppose as there are no available updates:
1. WPML Media Translation 2.7.3
2. WPML Multilingual CMS 4.6.5
3. WPML String Translation 3.2.7

Please help again.

September 12, 2023 at 6:55 am #14380483

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

You can simply go to Plugins -> Add New -> Commercial and click Check for updates button to refresh the plugins list.

On the other hand, you can go to https://wpml.org/account/downloads/ after login to your wpml.org account, click "Download WPML manually" to expand the plugins list, download and upload via Plugins -> Add New -> Upload.

There are new versions of WPML and String Translation (see attached).

Screenshot 2023-09-12 115141.png
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.