Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -
- 19:00 – 22:00 19:00 – 22:00 19:00 – 22:00 19:00 – 22:00 19:00 – 22:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Subash Chandra Poudel 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Subash Chandra Poudel.

Author Posts
June 22, 2023 at 10:43 am #13875531

magnusJ-3

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Solve the error from Semrush: 30 hreflang conflicts within page source code. error.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
No

Is there a similar example that we can see?
About this issue

This is what Semrush says:
If you're running a multilingual website, it is necessary to help users from other countries find your content in the language that is most appropriate for them. This is where the hreflang (rel="alternate" hreflang="x") attribute comes in handy. This attribute helps search engines understand which page should be shown to visitors based on their location. It is very important to properly synchronize your hreflang attributes within your page's source code, otherwise you may experience unexpected search engine behavior. For more information, see this article.
How to fix it

To avoid any conflicts, we recommend that you review your hreflang attributes within your page's source code and fix any of the following issues:
- Conflicting hreflang and rel=canonical URLs
- Conflicting hreflang URLs
- No self-referencing hreflang URLs

What is the link to your site?
Some of the affected pages are:
hidden link
hidden link

What should I do? Please advise.

June 23, 2023 at 5:11 pm #13886537

Subash Chandra Poudel

Hi there,

I see the hreflang attributes for the pages you shared is setup fine.

However I see that both page have canonical URL set to hidden link which seems to be incorrect and causing the issue here.

I see you are using Yoast SEO plugin on your site however you dont have our WPML SEO plugin required to properly support SEO Plugins. As explained in the next link can you please install WPML SEO and see if it fixes the issue?

https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/wpml-seo/

June 30, 2023 at 7:43 am #13921273

magnusJ-3

Hi, I'm afraid that didn't help. Could you please have another look and see if you can find the issue?

June 30, 2023 at 3:37 pm #13924877

Subash Chandra Poudel

Thank you for the updates, Can you please backup the site then update all plugins, theme and WordPress to their latest version and see if it helps?

If the issue persists, I would need to take a closer look at your site. So would you please mind sharing temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site? Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated.

I have enabled a private reply for you to share the credentials securely, which means only you and I have access to it.

IMPORTANT: Please take a complete backup of the site first to avoid data loss.

✙ I would additionally need your permission to make a copy of the site with plugins like Duplicator and deploy it in my local machine to test the issue further.

The topic ‘[Closed] 30 hreflang conflicts within page source code. error.’ is closed to new replies.