Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by mohamedA-116 1 year, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Osama Mersal.

Author Posts
February 25, 2023 at 7:52 am #13113237

mohamedA-116

Hi Team,

I am having an issue with categories translate slug, Where in our website we are using Yoast Plugin and for hide category I am using No Category Base (WPML) But still it doesn't work.

February 26, 2023 at 8:34 am #13115893

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+03:00)

Hi,

Thanks for contacting WPML forums support. I'll be glad to help you today.

Could you please login to this sandbox site and upload the "No Category Base" plugin? (hidden link)

After that, please create a category and translate it to replicate the issue. If the issue is replicable, please let me know how to reproduce it.

Best regards,
Osama

February 27, 2023 at 4:29 pm #13127101

mohamedA-116

All working fine I try to do the same thing in my site but still I am facing an issue

February 27, 2023 at 4:33 pm #13127203

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

Thanks for your update. Could you please check if the issue persists in a minimal environment by following these steps?

1- Deactivate all the plugins except the active plugins on the sandbox.
2- Switch to a WordPress default theme like Twenty Twenty-one.
3- Go to Settings-> Permalinks, and resave the settings.

If the issue is gone, activate them one by one to see which one is causing an interaction issue.

❌ Please backup your database before performing the above test ❌

Best regards,
Osama

March 2, 2023 at 4:18 pm #13157223

mohamedA-116

I did that, I think the issue is bcz of Yoast Plugin but I already return native category and remove it with "No Category Base", but still slug not working

March 2, 2023 at 5:30 pm #13157761

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

Please make sure that you resaved the permalinks after disabling the "No Category Base" settings in Yoast.

Regards,
Osama

March 3, 2023 at 1:22 pm #13164103

mohamedA-116

I already did, but nothing has change

Link.png
Yoast.png
March 3, 2023 at 2:22 pm #13164753

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

Could you please let me know how to check the issue on your site?

Also, I would need to look closely at your site, so I would need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP)
– preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible –
in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

Your next answer will be private, which means only you and I can access it.

❌ Please backup your database and website ❌

✙ I would need your permission to de-activate and re-activate the Plugins and the Theme and change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is critical.

✙ I also need your permission to take a local copy of your site to debug the issue without affecting your live site.

Best regards,
Osama

March 3, 2023 at 3:56 pm #13165619

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

Thanks for the access details. I checked the issue and found that the category slug is translated, while it shouldn't be translated with the "Show the categories prefix in the slug" option disabled in Yoast.

So I deleted the translation in order to fix the issue. Could you please check the categories and let me know if they work correctly in all languages? (hidden link)

Best regards,
Osama

March 4, 2023 at 2:33 am #13167971

mohamedA-116

The site now redirect many time , bcz of WPML so I deactivate plugin and now site is working, I think the issue happen bcz of No Category Base (WPML)

Screenshot_1.png
Issue.png
March 4, 2023 at 8:21 am #13169103

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

I activated WPML plugins, and the posts work correctly. (Kindly check the attached screenshot)

Please note that the [No Category Base (WPML)] plugin is not a WPML plugin and was not developed by our team. Please visit our downloads page to see the official WPML plugins. (https://wpml.org/account/downloads/)

Best regards,
Osama

1.jpg
March 4, 2023 at 8:41 am #13169175

mohamedA-116

I thinking No Category Base cause the issue I used as suggestion was give to pervious people have same issue, I found here.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.