Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Long Nguyen 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Long Nguyen.

Author Posts
August 4, 2023 at 10:09 am #14154219

riencov

Hi,

We have a title field in our ACF Blocks type. This title field is of type 'clone'. When saving this field, it remains empty. Every other field is working.

We tried to change the fields inside of the parent fields set to 'copy', but didn't work out. If we turn of the WPML plugin, everything works well.

August 7, 2023 at 3:06 am #14160859

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Hi Riencov,

Thank you for contacting WPML support, I'd be happy to help you with this issue.

Can you please try to replicate the issue on a clean installation of WordPress? You can login to a sandbox site directly with the link below
hidden link
Then let me know the steps to replicate the issue.

Look forward to your reply.
Thanks

August 7, 2023 at 8:55 am #14161995

riencov

Hi Long Nguyen,

Thanks for youre reply. I did manage to replicate the issue on the sandbox site.
Let me explain what i did and what happened:

1: Installed ACF to add fields to page (Home)
2: Make a group with a field title
3: Make another group "Paragraph", inside the group make a clone field of the group "Title"
4: Everything works fine!
5: Make another group "Big Title"
6: Add as a clone to group "Paragraph"
7: The field on the homepage "big title" will no save correctly, its empty after refreshing the page

When i deactivate WPML the problem is still there, but before it wasnt, so it looks like when we add (more than one) clone field, when WPML is active something strange happens...

August 7, 2023 at 9:59 am #14162751

riencov

Hi Long,

It looks like the issue appears after updating ACF and WPML. So let me test a little more, maybe it is a ACF bug after all, or in combination with WPML.

Ill let you know when i know more!

Big thanks!

August 7, 2023 at 2:34 pm #14164613

riencov

Hi Long,

I identied the exact moment when the issue appears.

All my ACF groups are on "Expert" translation mode, i want to change them to "Same fields across languages".

When i do that the problem occurs, when i change it back the damage is already done and the field wont save ever again.

Any thoughts?

wpml.jpg
August 8, 2023 at 2:34 am #14166503

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Hi,

Can you please try to replicate the issue on the sandbox site? I do not see that issue there, here is the screen record hidden link

If it is a specific issue on your site, I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. It would be better to have a testing site where the issue is replicated. Your next reply is set to private to share the info.

❌ IMPORTANT: Please backup your database and website before proceeding ❌
You can use this plugin to create the backup:
https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/
✙ I would need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme to change configurations on the site if needed. This is also a reason the backup is critical.

Thanks

August 9, 2023 at 5:21 am #14172843

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Hi,

Please share the server protection account also, it prevents accessing the login page directly. Your next reply is set to private to share the info.

Please check this screenshot hidden link

Thanks

August 9, 2023 at 9:46 am #14174525

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Hi,

I change the setting Display of the clone field to "Group (displays selected fields in a group within this field)" and I can save the value as well. Please check this screenshot hidden link

Can you please confirm it works on your site?

August 16, 2023 at 10:31 am #14208545

riencov

Hi Long,

After updating this is a solution, or more a workaround though.
Its working, but i'd realy like it to work also on the Display setting "Seamless"

Thanks for now!

August 17, 2023 at 1:39 am #14241813

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Hi,

Thanks for your confirmation. There is a similar issue in our development tasks and I will add this ticket to increase the priority of the task. You can use that workaround for now.

Have a good day 🙂

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.