Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Prosenjit Barman 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Prosenjit Barman.

Author Posts
September 25, 2023 at 7:38 pm #14461843

riencov

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I'm trying to translate hidden link to spanish. Everything works well, but the link title is not showing up to translate.

September 27, 2023 at 7:43 am #14470949

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Dhaka (GMT+06:00)

Hello There,
Thanks for contacting WPML Support.

I understand the issue you're having and will try my best to assist you in this matter.

Field data will be displayed in the translation editor based on its translation preference settings. Can you please ensure that the Translation preference for the "Link title" field is set to either "Copy" or "Translate"? Please check the documentation below to understand the process.

- https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/translate-sites-built-with-acf/expert-translation-option/#setting-field-translation-preferences

- https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/translate-sites-built-with-acf/recommended-custom-fields-translation-preferences-for-acf-and-wpml/

Once the translation preference is updated, make a small change in the default page and save the changes. After that, try to update the translation.

You can also search for that specific text in "WPML > String Translation" and check if that appears in the result. If you can see that particular text, add the translation by clicking on the "+" icon below the Spanish flag.

Please try the suggestions above and check if that helps to solve the issue. If you need further assistance, feel free to let me know. I will be happy to help.

Best Regards,
Prosenjit

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.