Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on this forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Ahmed Mohammed 11 months, 1 week ago.

Assisted by: Ahmed Mohammed.

Author Posts
May 20, 2023 at 11:45 am #13682801

Finca Development Team

Hello
Getting admin-ajax.php 500 only only Russian language

Using wp multisite network.

Site 1 using RU EN - getting error only Russian language
Site 2 using RU EN - getting error only Russian language
Ste 3,4,5- Using EN, AZ, AM this site working no error

error page: hidden link

May 20, 2023 at 12:19 pm #13682813

Finca Development Team

For russian Default locale is ru_RU now i change it Change en-gb, an problem fixed. Why ru_RU not workign ?!

May 22, 2023 at 8:11 am #13687115

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hello,

while you are waiting for my colleague to take over the case, I will add a small suggestion you can try.

As I understand, Russian is the default language, so can you please try to disable WPML plugins and check if the issue still happens without WPML when using Russian? Maybe it is not related to WPML.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,
Drazen

May 22, 2023 at 8:48 am #13687411

Finca Development Team

Hi
I checked disable ,WPML plugins and for Russian working .

When using WPML it not working.

p.s.
Don't answer me after 2 days !

May 22, 2023 at 9:48 am #13688017

Ahmed Mohammed
Supporter

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+03:00)

Hi there,

Thank you for sharing the requested information. We apologize for the delay in our initial response, which was unintentional. Due to a surge in support requests over the weekend, we had a higher workload to manage.

To be able to identify the error that happens only in the Russian language, please enable the WordPress debug.

This will allow us to see if any PHP errors are being produced.

More info: https://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress

In order to do that, edit the wp-config.php file inside your WordPress directory and insert the following lines:

define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

Now please reproduce the issue once again. This is important as the errors will not be logged until you reproduce the issue that leads to the Ajax error.

Locate the debug.log in: /wp-content/debug.log. You can log in to your website via FTP or install a plugin such as File Manager to find that debug.log file.

Paste the content (if any) on a site like pastebin.com and then share the link here with us (only you and us will see the URL you are sharing).

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

May 22, 2023 at 10:46 am #13688597

Finca Development Team

Check video: hidden link
This wpml bug

May 22, 2023 at 3:46 pm #13692463

Ahmed Mohammed
Supporter

Hi there,

Thank you for the explanation video. I created a sandbox website here: hidden link.

Installed GravityForms plugin (just to use its Ajax feature) and as you can see on the Russian page here: hidden link, the error does not happen.

Could you please help me to replicate the issue on that sandbox website? You can use that quick login URL to log in and reproduce the issue so that we can check what is happening.

May 22, 2023 at 4:45 pm #13693033

Finca Development Team

How I can send dev ftp and admin of my website ?

May 22, 2023 at 5:06 pm #13693149

Ahmed Mohammed
Supporter

Hi there,

You can provide us with the login credentials in the next private reply.

Also, could you please confirm that the issue didn't exist on the sandbox website?

May 23, 2023 at 9:59 am #13696695

Ahmed Mohammed
Supporter

Hi there,

Thank you for providing the login details.

I could not clone your website to debug it locally as the Duplicator PRO plugin could not create a package from your website due to the server resources. However, I was able to replicate the issue locally when I used PHP version 8.1.x. The issue is happening with older PHP versions, but with 8.1.x, it becomes a fatal error.

The Frominator plugin causes the issue at hand. To be precise, its Russian translation files. That's why you get the Ajax error when you have the Russian locale active because it loads the translation from "wp-content/languages/plugins/forminator-ru_RU.mo".

The issue happens because the plugin's team translated the strings to Russian and didn't add the placeholders correctly as you can see below:

The original message in the plugin's files: 

"This site is protected by hCaptcha and its %1$sPrivacy Policy%3$s and %2$sTerms of Service%3$s apply."

The translation:

"Этот сайт защищен hCaptcha, и применяются его % 1 $ Политика конфиденциальности% 3 $ s и % 2 $ Условия обслуживания% 3 $ s."

You can see there's a space between the % and 1 and $; it should be written like this %1$s - similarly for the other placeholders.

You mentioned that this issue happens with any Ajax calls in Russian. Could you let me know other steps to see the issue? If it only happens with the Frominator plugin, you can remove that file and then contact the plugin's support team to fix it permanently.

May 23, 2023 at 10:08 am #13696835

Finca Development Team

Hello
I using php 8.2 , you mean this problem not for php 8.1 and 8.2 ?
Form my live site using 8.2 and have same problem

I will send forminator your message.

May 23, 2023 at 11:11 am #13697877

Ahmed Mohammed
Supporter

Hi there,

The issue is happening with 8.1.x and newer versions so that it would happen with 8.2.x.

I also would like to mention that the issue will happen even if WPML is deactivated and you set the website language to Russian.

Hope that helps 🙂

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.