Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Prosenjit Barman 12 months ago.

Assisted by: Prosenjit Barman.

Author Posts
April 26, 2023 at 5:59 pm #13544077

johnnyS-9

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Translate my bookly form. I did translate all the strings, but the form remains in english

Is there any documentation that you are following?
hidden link

hidden link

April 28, 2023 at 12:54 pm #13557615

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Dhaka (GMT+06:00)

Hi There,
Thanks for reaching out to us. I will try my best to assist you in this matter.

I understood that even after translating the strings correctly, the form appears in English in other languages. this type of issue most of the time happens due to caches. Since you're using a caching plugin on your site, would you please try clearing the caches from the plugin and browser as well?

If the object caching is enabled on your site, it is also recommended to clear the object caches and if possible, check by keeping it disabled for some time. I hope it will help.

If the issue persists after that, would you kindly check by implementing the workaround mentioned in the Errata below on your site?

- https://wpml.org/errata/string-translations-are-not-visible-on-the-site-after-a-string-has-been-translated/

Make sure to take a backup of your site and database before applying the Workaround

Let me know if that helps. If you need further assistance, feel free to let me know. I will be happy to help you.

Best Regards,
Prosenjit

April 28, 2023 at 2:49 pm #13558211

johnnyS-9

Hey Prosenjit,

thanks for your response. I did implement the workaround, cleared the cache but the no changes.

Best,
Johnny

May 2, 2023 at 8:09 am #13567615

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Hello Johny,
I hope you're doing fine and am sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

As the issue persists, I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. It would be better to have a testing site where the issue is replicated.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Maybe I'll need to replicate your site locally. For this, I’ll need to temporarily install a plugin called “Duplicator” or "All in One WP Migration" on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site. Let me know if this is ok with you.

IMPORTANT
-Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.
-If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this:
hidden link

Looking forward to your response.

Best Regards,
Prosenjit

May 8, 2023 at 9:44 am #13603743

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Hi There,

Thanks for sharing the credentials. I've checked and successfully been able to trace the root cause. It appears that the text strings displayed on the front end have not been registered for translation yet, which is causing them to not appear translated in other languages.

After adding the strings from the "Admin Screen" to String Translation and retranslating them, the translations began to display correctly on the front end. Kindly check this screenshot(hidden link) for a better understanding.

Now, to complete the translation and solve the issue, please follow the steps below.

- Find the text in the Admin Screen and add them to String Translation by following this documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/finding-strings-that-dont-appear-on-the-string-translation-page/#strings-arent-selected-for-translation

- From the String Translation, add the translation for the registered strings by clicking on the "Pencil" Icon. If you've added the translation previously, then the translation will be loaded automatically when you click on the pencil icon.

Please check and let me know if that helps. I will be happy to help you if you need further assistance in this matter.

Best Regards,
Prosenjit

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.