Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Prosenjit Barman 9 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Prosenjit Barman.

Author Posts
July 3, 2023 at 9:04 pm #13936329

ginetteG-2

*Please note that my website is in the process of moving from mindfulhumans.xyz to mindfulhumans.today*

When I activated WPML today, I chose automatic translation in the setup. But I changed my mind, I would rather choose what I translate versus automatic translation. How can I change this?

THanks

July 4, 2023 at 10:56 am #13940035

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Dhaka (GMT+06:00)

Hi There,
Thanks for contacting WPML Support. I will be happy to assist you in this matter.

I understood that you want to change the Translation mode to "Translate What You Choose". It is possible to change the Mode from the WPML Setting. Please follow the steps mentioned below.

- Please go to WPML > Settings
- From the "Translation Mode" section, click on the "Change Mode".
- On the Popup, you'll be asked to select the Translation mode. Select "Translate What You Choose" and click on Continue
- Select the Translator for your site from the next step.
- Save the changes.

Check this documentation to know more about the translation modes: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/#how-to-translate-pages-posts-and-custom-posts

I hope it will help. But, please let me know if you need any further assistance in this matter.

Best Regards,
Prosenjit

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.