Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client reported that content created with the Cornerstone editor and translated in the Classic Translation Editor (CTE) was not appearing translated on the front end. This issue had been resolved previously with a WPML update, but reoccurred after subsequent updates to both the X theme and WPML.
Solution:
We recommended the client to apply a workaround detailed in our documentation. Here are the steps to follow:
1. Make a full backup of the website and database.
2. Follow the instructions provided in the WPML errata page.

If this solution does not seem relevant or does not resolve the issue, please open a new support ticket with us.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Long Nguyen 2 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Long Nguyen.

Author Posts
February 1, 2024 at 7:43 pm

ivoM-3

Content created with cornerstone editor is translated in CTE but remains untranslated on the front end

Example: hidden link

I had the same issue previously and it was fixed with an update, recently the problem started happening again.

February 1, 2024 at 8:32 pm
February 2, 2024 at 2:27 am #15257340

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Hi Ivo,

Thank you for contacting WPML support, I'd be happy to help you with this issue.

Please try applying the workaround in the documentation https://wpml.org/errata/cornerstone-translation-is-not-displayed-on-front-end-when-using-ate-or-cte/
and let me know if it helps.
❌ IMPORTANT: Please backup your database and website before proceeding ❌

Look forward to your reply.
Thanks

February 4, 2024 at 10:21 pm #15263980

ivoM-3

Thank you,

The fix worked.

ivoM-3 confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-02-04 22:21:05.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.